MYT Farms Website.

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":1402jr8p said:
I believe this kid was a member on here a couple of different times

You are probably right. I found his website on Ranches.net and told his about this forum.

Idaman":156fwib2 said:
Angus Cowman":156fwib2 said:
I believe this kid was a member on here a couple of different times

You are probably right. I found his website on Ranches.net and told his about this forum.

I only know the kid from here and ranchers. He lives in Colorado. Seems like a great kid. We have had some enjoyable PM exchanges.

I just purchased some purebred Angus females from him and they are bred to a bull called Pledge. He has been a delight to work with as he is pastureing them at his place this summer amd I will get them in the fall after he breeds them to Pledge again. The cows and the calves are all linebred to Traveler 6087.

Only been a member on here once, been under the same name as long as I've been here. :D I appreciate the plug there Idaman. Sure helps that I have a good reputation already. Have to say, if your cows get any fatter, I may have to put them on a diet. Just looking great and that cow that calved has sure been cranking out the milk. The site ain't quite finished up yet, but I'm trying to make a couple of updates every day. Still waiting to get my logo up there as well, but hopefully I'll have that done over the weekend. Again, thanks for the plug, and I'll keep ya posted on site progress. :tiphat:

blackcowz":397q9ijl said:
Only been a member on here once, been under the same name as long as I've been here. :D I appreciate the plug there Idaman. Sure helps that I have a good reputation already. Have to say, if your cows get any fatter, I may have to put them on a diet. Just looking great and that cow that calved has sure been cranking out the milk. The site ain't quite finished up yet, but I'm trying to make a couple of updates every day. Still waiting to get my logo up there as well, but hopefully I'll have that done over the weekend. Again, thanks for the plug, and I'll keep ya posted on site progress. :tiphat:

Get that Farmall tractor off of your signature and put up a good picture of Pledge.

I haven't learned how to get those little pictures into my information.

Haha! Pledge has made me more money than all the hours I've spent working on tractors, so I reckon I can oblige you. You simply have to go into your "User Control Panel", right next your messages link at the top of the page. Click on the Profile page and when you're on that page, click on "Edit Avatar". You either have to edit your own picture to the size restrictions, or you can search what you want under certain size restrictions on images.google.com where I got the IH pic. Let me see if I can edit Pledge.....

Bred a cow and a heifer for my customer today. Both in good heat this morning, both to target tonight. Took me 30 minutes to find the heifer's cervix, and about 5 minutes to actually breed her. :lol2: The cow I could have stuck the gun in and she would have bred herself. Both had nice tone, and I think they're good, but next year will tell us.

blackcowz":1wczocfb said:
Bred a cow and a heifer for my customer today. Both in good heat this morning, both to target tonight. Took me 30 minutes to find the heifer's cervix, and about 5 minutes to actually breed her. :lol2: The cow I could have stuck the gun in and she would have bred herself. Both had nice tone, and I think they're good, but next year will tell us.

We have to syncronize and our technetion has suggested a new protocol.

Day one= GNRH< CIDRS

Day seven = Two doses of Lutalice, pull CIDRS

Breed nine ten and eleven.

Anyth thoughts?

Idaman":rk4p7dqx said:
blackcowz":rk4p7dqx said:

Day one= GNRH< CIDRS

Anyth thoughts?

I would like to know a little more about this. Breed at nine to eleven hours after the double shot of lute? Then do you give GNRH after insemination?

Double shot is supposed to do what? make them come in quiker? What are the average on getting them to stick.

Thanks Jay Hudnut

JHH":37vw815t said:
Idaman":37vw815t said:
blackcowz":37vw815t said:

Day one= GNRH< CIDRS

Anyth thoughts?

I would like to know a little more about this. Breed at nine to eleven hours after the double shot of lute? Then do you give GNRH after insemination?

Double shot is supposed to do what? make them come in quiker? What are the average on getting them to stick.

Thanks Jay Hudnut

I am just learning this myself, I believe we are going to breed starting twenty four hours after the double shot and breed on observation for thirty six hours. No GNRH afterward.

Double shot is supposed to make more come in heat. In the past our average has been fifty to sixty percent but this is supposed to raise that percentage. The breeding on observation of KAMARs for thirty six hours is what helps with the percentage. The last or eleventh day all cows not bred on odservation will then get breed.

I have used this proticol

Insert CIDARS give shot of GNRH
day seven pull CIDARS and give shot of lute (5cc i think)
then time breed at 60 hrs + or - 8 and give another shot of GNRH

precentage has sucked but I am a kind of new.

This year I had planed on using the same thing only observe them better and breed them on heat ( standing that morning breed that night) and then again at the 60 hour mark and still observe. I will use more semen but may have better than 40% results. I would be happy with 60%.

any other suggetions are welcome. I work in towm so time is a concern.

Changed the AVATAR but I can feel my dad turning over in his grave with an Angus up there. As seen here my heart and history are with Herefords so I may have to go back if I can ever figure out how to get my pictures small enough to fit the AVATAR.

Angus cows. Do you know if Kit ever takes in any more cooperators? He seems to have just about run out of Herefords in his sale. I may have a very unique line going here in a year or two and might want to contact him. These future bulls would make great baldy sires and are frame 4 or 5, very easy fleshing, and extremely thick.

JHH":1fcj1vdc said:
I have used this proticol

Insert CIDARS give shot of GNRH
day seven pull CIDARS and give shot of lute (5cc i think)
then time breed at 60 hrs + or - 8 and give another shot of GNRH

precentage has sucked but I am a kind of new.

This year I had planed on using the same thing only observe them better and breed them on heat ( standing that morning breed that night) and then again at the 60 hour mark and still observe. I will use more semen but may have better than 40% results. I would be happy with 60%.

any other suggetions are welcome. I work in towm so time is a concern.

The main difference is in the last shot of Lut. I will ask my tech about this and get back also the breeding on observation for 60 hrs. and then again at the end. Does use more semen but that is cheap and that is what we are doing it for anyway. When we use some of our 1970s semen the tech likes to use two vials anyway.

Idaman, that's something you have to take up with Kit. You never know, if you've got some good old genetics that are really a good fit to the program, I wouldn't doubt that you might have a shot at getting into the deal. As for me and my breeding, the heifer I bred last night received 5cc of Lut on Wednesday, and I bred last night. Most folks I know, including Kit, will breed for a certain amount of time on more fertile natural heats and then give the unbred cows Lut to bring them in. I breed customer's cows with just a shot of Lut, and then breed what comes in. For our program, we'll A.I. over two natural heats and never poke a needle. However, as good as my Dad's herd sire is, we may drop back down to one natural heat and then kick them out with the bull when their next heat is getting close. Also, JHH, cows generally come in about 45 days post partum (parturition, the act of giving birth.) If you breed on that first heat, conception rates are usually a little lower than if you wait 21 days and breed after the reproductive system has had a little more time to heal and has been through one cycle already. It's pretty amazing how much healing a cow's repro system has to go through to get in shape to plant another egg in the uterus, so I prefer to spend money on good semen when the heat is more fertile. As far as time breeding, I've talked with a couple guys who have done it. If you're worried about % bred, timed breeding isn't a suggested option. The one guy said it was a complete wreck. Each cow is unique, so putting her on a hourly breeding schedule rarely works. For us, if they're in heat in the morning, breed 'em that night and vice versa. They'll come in on their own time, that much I've learned.

Latest posts