MYT Farms Website.

Help Support CattleToday:

if you've got the time and enjoy the work and care about getting as many bred AI as possible then you have to do it on their natural cycle. heat detect from 5 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 10 pm for 21 days. split off the cows that stand in the am and breed them at 8pm the same day. breed the cows that stand during the pm hours at 8am the next morning. if you keep track of numbers you can keep an eye on cattle as you will know when they come back in if you missed AI. get a friend and a couple horses, paint ball guns and spend a few weeks doing it - makes for some good memories.

Hereford76":2vo8ec6k said:
this ought to be interesting - post some pictures of cattle that aren't even conceived yet! :lol:

Am dealing on a small cowherd right now that should be the picture of what I described.

76 you might recognize them as they are decendents of the cattle that your neighbor bred to a black bull.

Do you still want any 22A semen as I might trade for some 21M.

Idaman":3lt7ws5g said:
Hereford76":3lt7ws5g said:
this ought to be interesting - post some pictures of cattle that aren't even conceived yet! :lol:

Am dealing on a small cowherd right now that should be the picture of what I described.

76 you might recognize them as they are decendents of the cattle that your neighbor bred to a black bull.

those would be fun to go look at.... sounds to me like you are at that point in life were you can have some fun - i hope i get there someday. still interested in 22A semen, probably more than you realize.

Hereford76":qptyilal said:
Idaman":qptyilal said:
Hereford76":qptyilal said:

those would be fun to go look at.... sounds to me like you are at that point in life were you can have some fun - i hope i get there someday. still interested in 22A semen, probably more than you realize.

We are using him this year on 68K daughters and some 85B and 80S ( those 80S granddaughters have been the best ever and don't seem to be transmitting his extreme 3000lb. size) granddaughters but we still could trade some. He isn't the only bull we are using as we are also using 2N, 20Y, (a 80S son), and 22A.

Idaman":3ta68vkh said:
We are using him this year on 68K daughters and some 85B and 80S ( those 80S granddaughters have been the best ever and don't seem to be transmitting his extreme 3000lb. size) granddaughters but we still could trade some. He isn't the only bull we are using as we are also using 2N, 20Y, (a 80S son), and 22A.
well you are one of the few on here to speak my lingo i guess. talking about 80S. there is a fair bit of his influence here and 21M nicked very well with those type cattle. i've got a family back to a cow that was linebred to 80S and a 3/4 sib to 80S (21T). that old cow was the first 21M semen i used it on and all her daughters/grandaughters. they are some of the nicer cows. in fact if i had to sell the whole herd one of those 21M cows back that old cow would be one of 3 i probably couldn't sell. 21M is the first bull i've ever had first hand experience with that iis true to stamp low birth weight and still perform above average. the one draw back is they milk too hard and i don't mean their bags go bad cause their udders are perfect but they will draw down their body condition later in the fall... but they bring in the top calves and so far haven't had one come in dry but a little on the thin side. also i have been able to use heavier bw herd bulls on those 21M daughters and get lighter bw than i ever had out of them before. i did a little AI last spring on a handful of 21M daughters back to our old 249Y bull that would consistantly sire 90 to 110 bull calves and the heaviest calf i got by him this spring by a 21M cow was 89lbs down to 71lbs. i'll be using a grandson of 21M on all the heifers this spring. one of the best 80S sons ever used here was idaho voltage that we owned with loosli - absolutley beautifl females... wish i could find some semn on him too.

I didn't get any Idaho Voltage, altough I will check, but bought a lot (20) cows in the Loosli dispersion. Mostly going back to Regulator and Bar Pipe Admiral. A bunch of them were L1 bred 2s still have afew of those. We bought the top selling cow in the sale but accidently lost her to aborting in preperation for AI syncing.

After checking we did get a lot of 80s grandaughters in the bunch but no Idaho Voltages. We had a 80S son that Ed Fox bred that got our very best cows.

Our son will go wild seeing that 80S in the Loosli cows. He ahs been somewhat down on them of late.

Hereford76":23u7j5iu said:
Idaman":23u7j5iu said:
well you are one of the few on here to speak my lingo i guess. talking about 80S. there is a fair bit of his influence here and 21M nicked very well with those type cattle. i've got a family back to a cow that was linebred to 80S and a 3/4 sib to 80S (21T). that old cow was the first 21M semen i used it on and all her daughters/grandaughters. they are some of the nicer cows. in fact if i had to sell the whole herd one of those 21M cows back that old cow would be one of 3 i probably couldn't sell. 21M is the first bull i've ever had first hand experience with that iis true to stamp low birth weight and still perform above average. the one draw back is they milk too hard and i don't mean their bags go bad cause their udders are perfect but they will draw down their body condition later in the fall... but they bring in the top calves and so far haven't had one come in dry but a little on the thin side. also i have been able to use heavier bw herd bulls on those 21M daughters and get lighter bw than i ever had out of them before. i did a little AI last spring on a handful of 21M daughters back to our old 249Y bull that would consistantly sire 90 to 110 bull calves and the heaviest calf i got by him this spring by a 21M cow was 89lbs down to 71lbs. i'll be using a grandson of 21M on all the heifers this spring. one of the best 80S sons ever used here was idaho voltage that we owned with loosli - absolutley beautifl females... wish i could find some semn on him too.

Did you ever check with Lynn he might have some as is using Red Angus now.

Speaking of being a pedigree purist. The small cowherd I am trying to buy I have never seen, I am buying them purely on pedigree.

Idaman":1idhxgsd said:
Hereford76":1idhxgsd said:
Idaman":1idhxgsd said:

Did you ever check with Lynn he might have some as is using Red Angus now.
i spoke with him two years ago almost to the day. he said when they dispersed he gave all the semen to byron bayers - but he doesn't have any of it. another guy J-T herefords had some but when they dispersed they destroyed all the semen as they were tired of paying storage. they dumped 80S, idaho volt, a son of andy, and a bunch of polled 20x semen, and a few others.

Latest posts