My reptilian pets..I'll give you one pic...

Help Support CattleToday:

Zelda

Reaction score
Okay, I had a break-in two years ago due to carelessly posting pics of my reptiles on the net. That's why a picuture of my pets is a rare treat on most forums nowadays. But I finally found one that makes it next to impossible to find one's way to my ranch just by looking at the pic.

so..let's see if y'all still want to see one:

This is Dragon, my komodo dragon. Yeah I know, I'm so original with names.

Dragon.jpg

Jogeephus":1bc8gwrj said:
Do they have poison or something? Seems I heard that somewhere.

From what I've read their saliva is infective. Not like real venom but poison none the less.

Oooh! I love talking about that! lol

You see, a Komodo Dragon's mouth is very, very dirty. If you get bitten, the bacteria in it's mouth can kill you. In fact, the gingival tissue on its gums is sliced by its teeth when it feeds. This creates a wonderful environment for the bacteria.

It was previously thought that the septicemia that occurs after a bite was the sole cause of a victim's death. But in 2005, we discovered that they do, in fact, have venom. It's mild, but it's definitely there. That said however, the bacteria are still way more deadly. I believe the strongest type I've ever found in his mouth was a particularly deadly strain of Pasteurella multocida, after I looked at his saliva under a microscope. Keep in mind I do this for a living. Never try to collect Komodo Dragon saliva at home, kids! LOL :lol:

Wow Zelda very cool pic.
I learned something new again today.I must admit that I know absolutely zero about this species but you definitely have peeked my curiosity. Thanks.

It is very sad that some people use these forums for deceitful purposes.But if you can please post more pics of your "herd".

Zelda":3fdd8u3f said:
Never try to collect Komodo Dragon saliva at home, kids! LOL :lol:

I'm good....You'll never have to worry about me trying that. :shock: :lol:

You said, "reptiles" How many do you have?

Why did you have to kill the beast? Here in Texas,we'd think the guy commited suside..Mostely sense one of us would have let the sucker bleed to death.. Sorry for your loss..

Why did you have to kill the beast? Here in Texas,we'd think the guy commited suside..Mostely sense one of us would have let the sucker bleed to death.. Sorry for your loss..

I almost did let him bleed to death. But if I had, it would have been the same as murder. I couldn't live with myself. But what really gets me is the fact that he reported the animal. He comes in, tries to steal a bunch of animals (he brought a truck with him), tries to steal a nile crocodile (later we found out he was planning to skin the animal) and I save his life. Only in america would I be repaid like that...

Zelda, he looks cool...have you heard of a Kabaragoya lizard from Sri Lanka, they are almost as big as the Komono, we saw them in the wild while we were marooned on the mountains in the rain forest.

Zelda, he looks cool...have you heard of a Kabaragoya lizard from Sri Lanka, they are almost as big as the Komono, we saw them in the wild while we were marooned on the mountains in the rain forest.

Yes, I have. You are referring to the Water Monitor, or, varanus salvator. I have one, her name is Tsunami. They get really big, but when you put enough effort into them, they can become tame. Tsunami will let me sit down next to her and pet her for as long as I want to.

Zelda":1gksvzim said:

Yes, I have. You are referring to the Water Monitor, or, varanus salvator. I have one, her name is Tsunami. They get really big, but when you put enough effort into them, they can become tame. Tsunami will let me sit down next to her and pet her for as long as I want to.
why did you call her tsunami? It was after the 2004 tsunami that we were marooned on the mountains where I said we saw them in Sri-Lanka. The snakes and spiders yuck yuck yuck were huge also. fortunatly we did not encounter any of the big spiders.

Zelda":2x2ad3b9 said:

so will my bull....until he doesnt want to anymore

Gotta ask...since a Komodo dragon is a protected species, it is illegal to own one as a pet. Do you have a special permit or do you work at one of the zoos that have them? From what I have read, I love reptiles and own many, they had 6 Komodo dragons hatched at the Bronx zoo in Dec. 2021. Currently the are less than 350 breeding females worldwide.

This thread is 14 years old, I don't think the TS has been here in years. But to your question, each state has its own rules regarding exotic pet ownership. So it would depend on the laws where you live.

Latest posts