My protective mama is getting better...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
My very protective mama cow that put me in a barb wire fence last year cause I got to close to her first calf has calmed down and resorted to giving me dirty looks instead of butting me into a barb wire fence. I can see it in her eyes she really wants to do it again but her cattle prod experience must have gave her a good reminder. This is her second calf. I also apologize I tried to rotate the pic but for some reason I cant get it the way its supposed to be so turn your monitor sideways lol

Did you ship her to South America or maybe Australia? She appears to be standing just fine but the land is upside down.

Dave":39fvcmkz said:
Did you ship her to South America or maybe Australia? She appears to be standing just fine but the land is upside down.

LOL im still trying to figure it out and make it the right sid eup

Limomike":39fvcmkz said:
thats the way my world gets alot of the time...
Good lookin pair though

Thank you Limo

Well on my screen she now appears to be headed up a very steep hill.

You are doing better than me. I never have been able to get pictures upside down or otherwise on here.

Sky - your pic is probably too wide, have noticed it gets rotated in PB when that's the case. In future try editing, resize it then rotate, then make sure you 'save' and 'replace original'. :D

alisonb":2kv86mgt said:
Sky - your pic is probably too wide, have noticed it gets rotated in PB when that's the case. In future try editing, resize it then rotate, then make sure you 'save' and 'replace original'. :D

alison - :tiphat: as you can tell im not the greatest with pb lol I greatly appreciate that. after :bang: on pb for a while i gave up.

The best move we have made so far in the cattle business is culling for attitude. We had a couple of cows that would try and hurt you when they had a calf. When you free range your cows and only work them 3-4 times a year, aggression really doesn't matter. Sure is nice to go out and check the cows and not be worried about big momma catching you.

We also cull for attitude... it is not easy sometimes as some of the better momma's can get real protective about their babies!! I don't mind that, but when they act on thier aggression and try to hurt someone... game over!!

Good looking cow and calf by the way!

TN Cattle Man":2z6mo168 said:
We also cull for attitude... it is not easy sometimes as some of the better momma's can get real protective about their babies!! I don't mind that, but when they act on thier aggression and try to hurt someone... game over!!

Good looking cow and calf by the way!

Thanks TN Cattle Man ... yea if she was still aggressive I would have canned her but she is very watchful of anyone near her baby. She knows what I did to her last time so I think she has cooled her jets but I honestly wouldnt feel comfortable if anyone elser were to get in there messing with her and her calf.

Latest posts