My little farm Intro

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Good morning! After posting a couple of threads about my bottle calves, it's past time to introduce myself. My husband and I have a small farm (12 acres at home, 14 more a mile away) just outside of Kansas City, Missouri where we raise some livestock to fill our freezers and some for family and friends. I'm very recently retired from retail sales, so now I've got the time to devote full effort to my garden and all of the critters. Hubby entertains himself with the endless demands of equipment repairs, haying for several neighbors, and managing our cows and those of a needy neighbor.

We have (at the moment) 11 feeder pigs going to the processor in a few weeks, 41 chickens and 30 chicks at various stages of growth (48 more in incubators!), 5 pygmy goats, and a small herd of beef cattle (1 prime bull, 4 pregnant heifers, 2 yearling steers, and 2 bottle calves) arranged on both plots of land. Keeps us busy!

Looking forward to meeting you fine folks, and soaking up some wisdom and stories. 🤩

Good morning! After posting a couple of threads about my bottle calves, it's past time to introduce myself. My husband and I have a small farm (12 acres at home, 14 more a mile away) just outside of Kansas City, Missouri where we raise some livestock to fill our freezers and some for family and friends. I'm very recently retired from retail sales, so now I've got the time to devote full effort to my garden and all of the critters. Hubby entertains himself with the endless demands of equipment repairs, haying for several neighbors, and managing our cows and those of a needy neighbor.

We have (at the moment) 11 feeder pigs going to the processor in a few weeks, 41 chickens and 30 chicks at various stages of growth (48 more in incubators!), 5 pygmy goats, and a small herd of beef cattle (1 prime bull, 4 pregnant heifers, 2 yearling steers, and 2 bottle calves) arranged on both plots of land. Keeps us busy!

Looking forward to meeting you fine folks, and soaking up some wisdom and stories. 🤩
Upon reflection I think you will find that you are the one who is owned (by 11 porkers, 71 chickens, 5 little goats and 9 head of cattle
of various size and age, )
Tenants in Common, of course! It is a malady that runs rampant through small acreages and for which there
is no known cure. So take your daily dose of now what! and welcome to this wonderful life! Lee VanRoss

Upon reflection I think you will find that you are the one who is owned (by 11 porkers, 71 chickens, 5 little goats and 9 head of cattle
of various size and age, ) Tenants in Common, of course! It is a malady that runs rampant through small acreages and for which there
is no known cure. So take your daily dose of now what! and welcome to this wonderful life! Lee VanRoss
you are so right! I am their butler, cook, housemaid, security guard, nurse, and all-around slave to their demands. LOL But they taste so darn good!

Latest posts