Introducing our Farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Family

Reaction score
Hello from Canada…our family has a small operation nestled in the foothills of the Rockies. We have a small purebred black Angus herd. We also raise commercial cattle - mostly Angus influenced but we do have "fun" throwing in the odd other breed. We utilize artificial insemination and Angus bulls for clean up. Purebreds and commercials essentially operate as one herd around here - no special treatment for those purebreds except they generally open the calving season. Life is busy, jobs off the farm on top of kids, cows, chickens, even a Kuvasz = chaos most days but we wouldn't want it any other way - crazy, eh! 😊

Hello from Canada…our family has a small operation nestled in the foothills of the Rockies. We have a small purebred black Angus herd. We also raise commercial cattle - mostly Angus influenced but we do have "fun" throwing in the odd other breed. We utilize artificial insemination and Angus bulls for clean up. Purebreds and commercials essentially operate as one herd around here - no special treatment for those purebreds except they generally open the calving season. Life is busy, jobs off the farm on top of kids, cows, chickens, even a Kuvasz = chaos most days but we wouldn't want it any other way - crazy, eh! 😊
Welcome

Here are some pictures…not the best but gives you a bit of an idea…cold this morning -27 C which I think is about -20 F give or take? We had no wind and it was snowing a bit when I took these pics, actually all in all a nice day. This gal is a commercial, 9 year old clubbie of all things, I know what you all are thinking but she has done extremely well for herself and us! A testament that they can produce, they can milk and they do have longevity IF you play your breeding cards right. My kids say this is a terrible pic of her and granted not her best angle, lol. I actually was looking at the scene behind her to show the topography. Calf in front of her is PB Angus twin A, two calves behind are Angus bred too.68EA4CE5-6C94-44DB-A481-23671FC6EF0D.jpeg
I did not know if you knew what a Kuvasz was but in case…this is our two year old livestock guardian dog - working hard as always watching "her" herd.
0006770A-36A8-4D20-8CF4-9160A06DED62.jpeg
Thought I would show you the commercial cow's calf…little "7" (reverse 7 that is) Sire is a PB Red Angus
70096949-75F1-4954-BFBA-6E049B1A1919.jpeg
A little taste of our farm this morning.

Agreed Tex452 I can see the challenge in that and fully understand poor timed frost and here in Canada a wallop of unplanned snow. A great source of stress, work and wondering "why do we do this." Lol

Don't worry, we can deal with the temp in Celsius OK, it is just the Mexicans south of you that can't handle it.
The scenery is very interesting thanks, the snow quite predictable for where you live. It will be nice to see it in a couple of months.

Ken
😊 good to know at least one person who doesn't require a temp conversion

Latest posts