My lady had to pull one

Help Support CattleToday:

My wife was raised on a ranch and owned a 300 cow ranch in the high desert of the Great Basin. I just asked and she says she has pulled a bunch of them. She said she has never had to reach up into a cow and turn one but pulled or helped pull a lot of time. She said it has been a while since she had to use a calf jack but she knows where ours is and would figure it out if she had to use it. But we are surrounded by ranchers and cowboys. If I wasn't home and phone call or two and she would be over run with great help that really know what they are doing.
I talked to B this morning. It hadn't been a good morning. Had a heifer calf and the calf had the sack over its head. Of course that calf died. Had an old sorry sick cow of his son's get in with his cows. The cow fell over and landed on top of a good calf of his killing the calf. The old cow is still laying there and hasn't had the decency to die. He had just captured a calf that was starving to death because of a no milk mother. But at least he has two candidates to graft that starving calf on to. Calf out a thousand head and you will have a morning or two like this.

You really need to check on the pedigree of these women before you commit.
I might add that there are some great ones on here.

Ken
We met on Farmers Only. One of the things I put on my profile was a question to any ladies reading what I had to say was, "Do you know which end of a cow stands up first." Here 7 years later my wife has a lot of fun telling people that story.

Nice pics Nesikep! I thought ... hey, that looks like BC. I guess I'm pretty close to where you are! Lot greener where you are, though, haha.

My wife was raised on a ranch and owned a 300 cow ranch in the high desert of the Great Basin. I just asked and she says she has pulled a bunch of them. She said she has never had to reach up into a cow and turn one but pulled or helped pull a lot of time. She said it has been a while since she had to use a calf jack but she knows where ours is and would figure it out if she had to use it. But we are surrounded by ranchers and cowboys. If I wasn't home and phone call or two and she would be over run with great help that really know what they are doing.
One of the things I failed to mention is that my wife makes great pies. We have two big old apple trees in the yard that produce a ton of apples. All of the cowboys in the neighborhood eat a lot of apple pie in September and October. If she calls for help they will drop whatever they are doing and run to her aid.

One of the things I failed to mention is that my wife makes great pies. We have two big old apple trees in the yard that produce a ton of apples. All of the cowboys in the neighborhood eat a lot of apple pie in September and October. If she calls for help they will drop whatever they are doing and run to her aid.
See, she is a super great pedigree. LOL I hate the kitchen and cooking. You've got it made. =D

Latest posts