My herdsire and some, heifers, cows and calfes.

Help Support CattleToday:

edde_1

Reaction score
My herdsire. Twin av Knutsta. This is maybe his last year with my cows, i dont know yet.
pict0010vu1.jpg

My oldest cow, 16 years old, 1/4 holstein 1/4 hereford 1/2 Simmental.
pict0004py4.jpg

A sim x angus and a sim x char replacement heifers.
pict0005dl2.jpg

Another sim x angus replacement
pict0006up2.jpg

A bulcalf after Twin the mother is a sim
pict0008kt0.jpg

rattler":55ybv55p said:
edde Nice pic I like #4 pic the best.How old is your Bull?

rattler

He is 5 years old, and father to 120 calfes, next year i get another 40 out of him.

I can see there's no danger of you plowing that ground
anytime soon!(HA) Nice pictures...the green surely looks
good!

edde he looks to be in real good shape i dont know if i could part with him yet or not.Have you kept alot of his daughters?It may just be me but it is hard to part with a good bull that has proved hisself.

rattler

rattler":ha52veej said:
edde he looks to be in real good shape i dont know if i could part with him yet or not.Have you kept alot of his daughters?It may just be me but it is hard to part with a good bull that has proved hisself.

rattler

I have keept 16 of his daugters and breeded them with a simmental bull. I got the first calfes from his daugters this spring. Because of the hot dry summer with bad pasture its hard to judge if they are good mothers, all my calfes are on the average 100 pounds thinner than they use to.

I hope we will have long autumn with good pasture so the can compensate their bad growth.

I only keep replacement heifers after old cows that have had 6 calfes or more. I want strong cows with good legs and if they get that old to breed out 6 ore more calfes on my rocky pasture they are good and i hope their daugter inherit that. It seems to work.

The rocky pasture has killed alot of legs on plenty of bulls i had, that´s why its even harder to part with that bull, his a tank, never had any problem with him. And his stats is pretty good, birth weight 92 lbs (his a twin) weaningweigth 970 lbs and yearlingweigth 1585 lbs, without creepfeeding.

Thats it, I keep him one more year :D

edde I think you made a good decision.I wounld not get rid of him either. Sounds like he,s got a dandy weaning weight and yearling weight also. Five years is not that old for a bull.We usually wait till they start to go down hill or cant do their job before we get shed of a bull.

rattler

Latest posts