My have things changed

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
It wasn't too long ago I remember seeing migrant workers run for the bushes when they saw so much as a sheriff's deputy pull in the field. This always gave me a chuckle.

Up until recently I had only heard of immigration officers but had never actually seen one in person. Always sortof pictured one as a tall lean weathered man with a grizzled two-day beard walking along some lonely footpath patrolling the border eating dust and kicking the occassional unlucky rattlesnake that got in his way.

My have things changed. I saw a pod of ICE officers eating lunch today. Boy would mayor Bloomberg have had his panties in a wasd had he seen these fine specimens of gluttonous excess. Isn't it strange how your mind's image of something can be so far off base? With their tan battle fatigues bloused into their black storm trooper tennishoeboots they almost looked intimidating but the weight thing. Well the weight thing sortof killed the look and quelled any intimidation factor they may have had. Well in fairness, maybe to a kindergardener but not to me. My impression was more clown-like. Anyone know how to say clown in spanish? I best start learning the language.

Its just amazes me how things have changed. And believe it or not, not the first migrant got up and headed toward the door. They just kept eating without a care in the world.

Jo let me help you out ... payaso = clown ...... :lol: Here in Richmond about 5 years ago the immigration people came to a federal building being worked on and the workers ran like roaches and never came back to the point it delayed the opening of a federal building this is a true story PD may remember when that happened.

Friend of mine will be hiring about 100 of them in the next two weeks. I suggested he would probably have trouble hiring that many but he said not. Said all he had to do was pay social security on them all and no one would bother him.

well I have a few that work for me that are citizens i use a company called paychex that i use to pay all of my workers if there illegal they cant work for me I don't need that hassle. Paychex pays the taxes and all that other junk so I don't have too. I don't want to take any chances on getting fined or any b.s.

I don't need the hassle either. That's why I went to the federal migrant worker assistance office and got a list of names from them to be sure they were all legal. Every single one of them they gave me turned out to be illegals. IRS says I can still work them but I must pay the taxes for them. That seems to be all they care about. This is what struck me so funny about the pod of ICE agents with the big letters stamped across their backs. Who are they trying to fool, the taxpayer or the illegals.

Jo, they are thinking of tax payers. They know we're broke and don't have money to keep the ones they already caught, we have important golf games and vacations to fund. So if they caught them, by the time they checked finger prints, backgrounds and booked them it takes the whole shift. Now you want then to have to go in to overtime filling out the release paper work? That just isn't good use of the tax payer's money.

Latest posts