My Granddaughter's Favorite Cow (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

SRBeef":2km94ipx said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2km94ipx said:
Looking good Jim - your program is working for you.

Thanks, Jeanne. One thing about cattle is you don't really know if things are working for a couple years after the decision. So far so good though.

I am basically focused right now on raising a group of more or less "pure" polled Hereford cows that fit my conditions and system. Once I get to my target brood cow herd size and shift to more terminal, I may have to talk to you about one of those nice looking Simmi bulls of yours.

Jim
:D :D I would be glad to help you out, but I could probably find you a breeder a little bit closer to you!! :banana: But, hey, ROADTRIP!!!

1198133656_yrLte-Ti.jpg

Very nice cattle SRBeef!

we've got a cow just like her. she puts out a healthy calf every spring and always has plenty of milk. i'm looking for another one like her. we bought her at the sale barn with another tiger stripe heifer. i didn't know crap about buying cows and just got lucky. that teat size wouldn't bother me a bit. nice cow ya got there!!

You hit the nail on the head "just got lucky". I don't think we get lucky very often so what I am trying to do is to use this cow to build a large part of my herd.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Jim

I had 1 that could have been mollys twin-I sold at 20 years old when she missed a calf.
I did keep 2 heafers out of her.

Latest posts