my costs for finished beef

Help Support CattleToday:

inbredredneck":3fukllir said:
hooknline":3fukllir said:
And what are the fats selling for there? What's the butcher costs?
$120 cwt, $.45 butcher, cut, wrap and grind, nothin fancy wax paper.

Forgive me if I am wrong here but buy the time the live animal is cut ans wrapped it is now only about 45% of the weight it was standing, There fore to compare directly with Hookline's selling price you need to use this?

That takes the wrapped beef up to around $3/# depending

why would i by one from the barn and then pay costs...i got less than market price in emor none of us could make any money..or am i wrong here somehow. you take yer steer to the barn to make a proft right?
so if i buy one im payin someones prfit already...
i charge 3$/lb hanging. i also pay the butchering and do all the running. we slaghter at our farm and then he hauls em qtr'd to cut and wrap. at .50/lb and 75 to slaughter at between 6-700 lbs.
so i can take it o the barn for less profit and work or spend a little more time and energy to make a little more oey and sell it in a wrapper.
i also let the customer deal with the butcher far as cuts....i dont bother with all that...
gary
i make more profit..btm line..i got repeat customers..must be doing something half right.
my operation is a paralell to hooks..funny that were only 100 mi apart..someday im gonna meet him for a beer somewhere..
how bout disney hook?

We'll put something together here soon. But I'm not going to the house of the big rat. Btw..got the price of that corn posted on the other thread

yeah 10-4..im on it..waiting on some other callbacks...i git alotta calls for corn since i sell the pellets..looking for another product

1wlimo":2vhpxhx2 said:
inbredredneck":2vhpxhx2 said:
hooknline":2vhpxhx2 said:
And what are the fats selling for there? What's the butcher costs?
$120 cwt, $.45 butcher, cut, wrap and grind, nothin fancy wax paper.

Forgive me if I am wrong here but buy the time the live animal is cut ans wrapped it is now only about 45% of the weight it was standing, There fore to compare directly with Hookline's selling price you need to use this?

That takes the wrapped beef up to around $3/# depending
I will forgive you because you are wrong. Hookline is selling hanging beef for $3.50 per pound. Now using your 45% of live figure that runs hooks packaged price up to $4.66 per pound.

Good. I'm still below Whole Foods cost of 4.99 for ground beef..I've got room to charge more

hooknline":nqoi7qdf said:
To the people I sell to, who also know me well btw, yes. My word is worth far more.
I'm not calling you a liar, your word is good to the people you know, same as that mans word is worth far more to the people he deals with than your is to them. This mans word means nothing to the people you know. This man sell them the market topper steer or heifer of the day for around $2.47 hanging.

It was a joke and a way of making my point. Although I understand yours. I just don't agree

hooknline":3crtpeb6 said:
It was a joke and a way of making my point. Although I understand yours. I just don't agree
What is the price for a market topping fat at acadia?

You crook DB. How dare you make that much profit? Your #s are either made up or your a cheat and a theif to your customers. You should only charge 2/lb so you too can work for darn near free :mrgreen: :cowboy:

What's everyone take on selling cost of 4h steers, or 10000 dollar bulls, or 2000 heifers..are they all cheats too or is that different? I mean, profit is profit, product is product, and a mans word is his word

hooknline
hypothetically speaking what if your customers were to be emailed a link to this thread and they realized that on a 1400# steer they were paying you $800 more than they could buy the very same product for would that concern you the least what they would think?

Nope. Not one bit. Because they wouldn't know if they could trust what they were told they were getting is what they actually were getting. In fact, I've told them that if they go to the auction, buy a feeder steer, I would raise it for them and finish it for them in exchange for 1 side. You know what they said? Either that was too much work for them or they wouldn't know how it was raised up to that point.

I will admire you for believing in the superiority of your beef not real sure what makes you believe that but a mans got to believe in what he sells

hook do you think you would still have their trust after they see the $800 over costs charge on the beef

See that's where you're not understanding...my costs are fixed. My profit isn't. Looking at my original post. I profit 350 based on 1000# live weight. That's not taking into acct the costs I don't have hard #s on.
I have told them they could get it cheaper...they don't want cheaper they want to know exactly what they are getting. They see the calf raised, usually as soon as I get it, or its born.
Yes, I would have and still have their trust. In fact, I can call 2 of them right now, get their permission to have you call them and you can tell them your self. I know what they'll say...

Latest posts