My cat likes to ride on the ATV.....

Help Support CattleToday:

jilleroo

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen a cat who likes to ride on the four-wheeler? It all began when I came across Prissy, my very striking black white and red 2 year old desexed female cat, in a stand of bushes about a kilometre from the house. I popped her in front of me on the bike and, to my surprise, she happily sat up there for the ride home. That was several months ago and since then she has done plenty of bike riding, she's a real biker chick! I often take her for a spin down to check the house dam and, when we get back to the homestead, I pull up near the stone posts of the gate into the houseyard - she jumps up onto one of them and then sits there and waits for me while I put the bike away. Unfortunately, I often come across her much further away from the homestead than I would prefer - my last cat, a pretty ginger and white neuter, was snatched by a big purebred dingo whilst only a few metres outside the fence (we got the dingo a couple of weeks later.) Recently, Prissy was almost a meal for a huge wedgetail eagle - I spotted her bolting for home, zigzagging madly, tail fluffed up with the eagle swooping down - I managed to scare it off on the bike - and they are not easily scared off a target!
The only thing with Prissy on the bike is that, if I go really fast, the wind catches in her ears and she has to lay them back - looks hilarious! The Jack Russell and working dogs also like to ride too so it gets a bit crowded.
Will try and get some photos some day.

my dog really never cared for being on the ATV. She likes to run alot more. Im really surprised a cat will stay on.

i have thought about teaching my cats to ride. my lab always rode with me.

Latest posts