Mullendore beef five breed sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes they were cheap. I though every thing was cheap. Including the quality.

Scotty

Ditto Scotty!!! It seemed quite a few had "attitude". Or atleast more then I care to have at my place.

Scotty":3dpgy2sb said:
Yes they were cheap. I though every thing was cheap. Including the quality.

Scotty

Scotty- I was able to watch only parts of the sale but have to agree- I couldn't believe the red angus bulls -- 90% of them should have been cut- looked more like heifers.........Really a bad representation of the breed- - two year old bulls were selling for $650.............

I truly hope this was a tax write off sale for some rich owner or else they are hurting........................

I see Mullendore is Greenough Cattle Co.

I watched a few lots..the Angus pairs. If they would have pulled the calves off a month/month 1/2 ago it would have helped there condition. The Saler heifers needed some grub.

I guess they'd be true dessert condition cattle. I'd hope also that this was some kind of drought dispersion sale.

cattle_gal":xus90oa7 said:
I see Mullendore is Greenough Cattle Co.

I watched a few lots..the Angus pairs. If they would have pulled the calves off a month/month 1/2 ago it would have helped there condition. The Saler heifers needed some grub.

I guess they'd be true dessert condition cattle. I'd hope also that this was some kind of drought dispersion sale.

I just saw bits and pieces of the sale and it wasn't good. I've read that Mullendore is a rich lawyer. The RFD channel has a series where they showcase a ranching operation. Mullendore was on it last week, partly promoting his sale, but discussing his breeding program, too. Personally, I think he's stretched too thin. He needs to cut back to one or two breeds and concentrate on quality cattle. Of course, he probably doesn't need the money, but he surely is not happy with the way his cattle sold. At one point in the sale, though, the auctioneer claimed a cow was AI-ed and Mullendore corrected him and said the cow was pasture bred. That was a good thing on his part.

Latest posts