Mr Bob Barker

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I'm sure you all have heard that Bob Barker is retiring after 35 years on the Price is Right, and another 15 years on TV in general, a grand total of 50 years. My question is what is your favorite game on the Price is Right?

Mine is Plinko.

GMN

GMN":2qm1knsf said:
I'm sure you all have heard that Bob Barker is retiring after 35 years on the Price is Right, and another 15 years on TV in general, a grand total of 50 years. My question is what is your favorite game on the Price is Right?

Mine is Plinko.

GMN

Jeopardy! I wanna go on that show one day, as I am full of worthless trivia.

Bob Barker story. When I was about 15, they were filming a Price Is Right show in Fort Worth. My sister-in-law bought some tickets. I guess Mr Barker made it a thing to call some of the folks that had tickets. My SIL had no phone at the time, so she left our home number. I answered the phone, and this guy introduced himself as Bob Barker. I was like, "yea, right" and I gave the phone to my mom. It really was him. I could have talked with the man himself and I didn't believe him! :D

Plinko! of course. Thats the main reason I watch the show.

Lammie, I am with you on Jeopardy! Can't get enough of it. I too will be on it... maybe we can be on it together. Me and my buddies used to choose classes to make sure we made it home in time for Jeopardy... it was great times. one day last week i watched it at 11am then again at 11:30am on the game show network... it was a great day, 2X the Jeopardy.

Ryan":3ru6e782 said:
Plinko! of course. Thats the main reason I watch the show.

Lammie, I am with you on Jeopardy! Can't get enough of it. I too will be on it... maybe we can be on it together. Me and my buddies used to choose classes to make sure we made it home in time for Jeopardy... it was great times. one day last week i watched it at 11am then again at 11:30am on the game show network... it was a great day, 2X the Jeopardy.

Sometimes we watch in the classroom if math is finished. I hate missing it during the day. Nothing will make you feel more smart or more stupid than Jeopardy.

I am sorry for getting cornfused. I thought you wrote gameshows, and not games within the show.

I can't remember any of the names of those games. I know you played different games, but I dont remember the names. Didn't mean to hijack!

Bob Barker is a stand-up guy.

I haven't watched the Price Is Right in so long I had no idea they played different little games within the gameshow...

Alice

Alice":1hm7qwo8 said:
I haven't watched the Price Is Right in so long I had no idea they played different little games within the gameshow...

Alice

Yea I meant which game on the price is right is your favorite, some of the classics are like that lil swiss guy who climbs the cliff, and if you don't get guess all the prices within the time limit, he falls off the mountain, or the one where you race the clock to place the right prices on the right items. Plinko is where you get chips, after winning prices of items, and you drop them in a money board, biggest prize is $25,000, and down from there, you can get up to a total of 4-5 chips I think.

I don't watch it too much anymore, hardly ever, because of my schedule, but they were talking about Bobs retirement on the radio station I listen to during milking, and it got me thinking...

Gail

J. T.":ccc4dthl said:
Isn't Bob Barker an animal rights advocate?

Well, I do know that he ends everything with "Remember to spay and neuter your pets." Don't know if that makes him a animal rights advocate, or a common sense advocate.

Alice

Alice":1w2ubpp1 said:
J. T.":1w2ubpp1 said:

Well, I do know that he ends everything with "Remember to spay and neuter your pets." Don't know if that makes him a animal rights advocate, or a common sense advocate.

Alice
Years ago, it seems there was some word of him speaking out against animal agriculture. Maybe not, but I remember hearing something of the sort.

J. T.":xmmzj6cp said:
Alice":xmmzj6cp said:
J. T.":xmmzj6cp said:

Alice
Years ago, it seems there was some word of him speaking out against animal agriculture. Maybe not, but I remember hearing something of the sort.

Yessir. PETA deluxe. Bob Barker is the one who refused to allow fur coats in the Miss America contest way back when. No fur since then. That was right about the time furs could no longer be exported. '79 time frame I think.

J. T.":okmlzsde said:
Alice":okmlzsde said:
J. T.":okmlzsde said:

Alice

And maybe so...I honestly don't know the answer to that one.

Alice

GMN":1b3kjtro said:

Mine is Plinko.

GMN

The Models. :heart:

Crowderfarms":2818vxwt said:
GMN":2818vxwt said:

Mine is Plinko.

GMN

I wa swaiting for one of you guys to say that!!! :)

Gail

Crowderfarms":2qjxa1fk said:
GMN":2qjxa1fk said:

Mine is Plinko.

GMN

Why else would any man watch it?

The Dark Side.

Bob was, I believe, convicted of harrasing some of "THE MODELS' in an inappropriate manner.

At his age, he should have gotten a citation. :lol:

I think I last watched that show when I was 12, and I'm 57 now. $1800 was a big showcase back then.

john250":3bbq3cau said:
The Dark Side.

Bob was, I believe, convicted of harrasing some of "THE MODELS' in an inappropriate manner.

At his age, he should have gotten a citation. :lol:

I think I last watched that show when I was 12, and I'm 57 now. $1800 was a big showcase back then.

Oh my gosh...you're older than me...thank you, thank you, thank you! My husband, whom I love and adore, is 2 years younger than me...you have made my day!!!!!

Alice

john250":1rx63xio said:
The Dark Side.

Did he get convicted? I knew at least one of the models brought a lawsuit against him for that, but I don't remember hearing how it turned out. Personally, I've never liked the show, and haven't watched it in many years. I prefer shows like Jeopardy, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, The Weakest Link, etc. For just plain fun, it's hard to beat the Whammies. :lol:

Latest posts