Mower Project Pic's (New Pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy?

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the DM-90 I have been working on. These are with the main units separated and the gearbox out. Will post progress as I make it. Tried to get a naked model but couldn't find a volunteer. :lol:

Mower4.jpg

Mower2.jpg

Mower1.jpg

I hope that the gears and bearings in the cutter bar don't need any attention. Looks like you have it going your way.

Cabo":37x2j80v said:
I hope that the gears and bearings in the cutter bar don't need any attention. Looks like you have it going your way.

I hope so too. They all feel good and tight. No noise spinning manually. I am taking the disc ovals off and refacing some of them in worn area's now.

The good thing is I have replaced everything that is really hard to get to. Meaning, tear everything apart to get to it. I figure the cutter bar is the easiest piece to work after having this thing torn completely down.

I looked at the apron support picture and trust me, the picture makes the supports look straighter and in better shape than actually are. I did straighten them this week end with a lot of heat and big hammer. I picked up some metal to replace the bad pieces also.

Hopefully the old Fort will hold on for another month or so. :lol:

Looks good, I am about to do the same with my Mower. But I know up front the gearbox is trashed. Can anybody help me out on finding parts for a Kverneland TA-226 Mower. I am thinking I will have to replace the gearbox. My current direction is pointing at the scrap yard, if someone can point me another way I would be most appreciative. 8)

Ok, I will give that a try again. My initial searches didn't produce much, I have contacted a few dealers and they replied with similar responses. I've never heard of that brand, ahh your website says you carry this brand... :lol: Anyway, someone replied in a different thread about bushhog brand rotary mower or disc mower being produced in the Kverneland plant, which gave me hopes about parts that might be interchangeable. I probably want be that lucky.

Cubeor":uqe3h5ym said:
Looks good, I am about to do the same with my Mower. But I know up front the gearbox is trashed. Can anybody help me out on finding parts for a Kverneland TA-226 Mower. I am thinking I will have to replace the gearbox. My current direction is pointing at the scrap yard, if someone can point me another way I would be most appreciative. 8)

Here is the website for Kverneland. E-mail them and see wht they can tell you.
http://www.kvernelandgroup.com/vicon

Ok, here's where I am at now. I have taken the main drive unit apart, cleaned, sanded and primed.

mower5.jpg

Painted but with the new gearbox in place. I am still waiting on the bearings for the PTO drive to arrive though.

mower6.jpg

Other side.

mower7.jpg

Started clean up and replacing bad metal on the cutter bar boom last night. Will update latter. Got stuff at the farm to fix so this has to wait.

flaboy?":11z7ljx5 said:
Ok, here's where I am at now. I have taken the main drive unit apart, cleaned, sanded and primed.

mower5.jpg

Painted but with the new gearbox in place. I am still waiting on the bearings for the PTO drive to arrive though.

mower6.jpg

Other side.

mower7.jpg

Started clean up and replacing bad metal on the cutter bar boom last night. Will update latter. Got stuff at the farm to fix so this has to wait.

Thats a pretty red, i have nail polish that would match it perfectly! :p

Katy

I prefer hot pink nail polish on my girls. I prefer no nail polish on my equipment. :lol:

flaboy?":3h1kxqhr said:
I prefer hot pink nail polish on my girls. I prefer no nail polish on my equipment. :lol:

I have a complete set of decals for that mower.

Pretty good bargain.

You can have them for $199. Cash. :lol:

flaboy?":2ygw5s5e said:

Well your in luck!! I have a ton hot pink nail polishes! :lol: I bet i could paint some hot pink hearts on that mower for you! ;-) Free of charge, much better than Mike's deal!!

Katy

Hummmmmm, let me think...................................................
Hot pink hearts or $199 decal set? Thinking, thinking, thinking,
Well I think I could live with the decals but not the hot pink hearts. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

flaboy?":2w41radl said:
Hummmmmm, let me think...................................................
Hot pink hearts or $199 decal set? Thinking, thinking, thinking,
Well I think I could live with the decals but not the hot pink hearts. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Come on!! They will be pretty!!! A real chick magnet! ;-) :lol: :lol:

You dont want to do bussiness with Mike, hes ripping you off!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Katy

I think the mower has allready worked as the chick magnet. Go for the :heart: :heart: .
That looks like a heck of a project. I think restoration might be more fun than repair. Repair is allways done under the gun.
Looks like your doin a good job, at least with the nail polish.

JMichal":1x98crpv said:
I think the mower has allready worked as the chick magnet. Go for the :heart: :heart: .
That looks like a heck of a project. I think restoration might be more fun than repair. Repair is allways done under the gun.
Looks like your doin a good job, at least with the nail polish.

Heck, who would have thought a mower would be a chick magnet. I thought it was tractors. :lol:

Yep, that's why I started this. Last year I had to cut and the dang old mower broke and I was out in the hot sun trying to get it repaired so I could cut. This is much better. I can do a little at a time, when I want to. This gives me more time to really fix it rather than bandaid it.

I'm still trying to work out how it goes together and what it does .

I'd go with the female every time , but then some people choose otherwise

Good pictures ,keep em comming

Flaboy, I'm glad to see the warden at the Prison down there, has made you a Trustee,I'm certain after the 20 remaining years of your incarceration are served, you can return to be a useful member of society, as a grafiti artist. :D

tytower":33jdco8k said:
I'm still trying to work out how it goes together and what it does .

I'd go with the female every time , but then some people choose otherwise

Good pictures ,keep em comming

Tytower, do a search on disc mowers or hay mowers. Take a look at them and you will get the whole picture.

Crowder, dang don't you let all my secrets out. Prison labor is cheap when you can get it. It's a little hard smuggling in that gallon paint can. It took a long time to find someone with an orifice big enough to hold it. I'm glad you stepped up and volunteered. :shock: :lol:

Latest posts