Move on Down to Texas Folks

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman":2wsqml6v said:
ga. prime":2wsqml6v said:
TexasBred":2wsqml6v said:
Ga...is that a pic of part of your community??
Yes it is. :D
you know where sparta is? my ex paw inlaw got a place there.....helen in north georgia is one of my favorite retreats ;-)
Sure I know where Sparta is and Helen and every other burg in Ga. Wish I was in Helen right now standing in the edge of the Chattahoochee with a fly rod in my hand :D.

backhoeboogie":1kp28tuo said:
Frankie":1kp28tuo said:
What a crock. Texas wouldn't exist today without US government money. Take away the billions of dollars Texas gets for all those military bases, NASA, medical grants, you'd have to institute a state income tax just to stay afloat. :roll:

Your post really brightened my day. We can surmise you'll never come here.

Please don't ever try to save us from ourselves. Just let us sink. :D

Boogie that is why I ignore her post, don't even read them not worth the time.
I did like the posters idea about hitching a ride with Hoss, that one made me laugh wondering how long it would take for him to put her in the bed of the truck.

I think id druther go to heck then move to texas. I have been numerous times and never liked it one time except the time I went to Fort Worth and Dallas.

Well to all you Texas bashers, I'll just agree with Davy Crockett... "You may all go to Heii, and I will go to Texas."

I'm confused because I don't see where Frankie was ever suggested as a candidate for a ride nor where she was offered a ride and yet Frankie is declining the non-existent offer and non-existent suggestion.
:???: What up, Frankie?

cowman30":3okurykd said:
I think id druther go to heck then move to texas. I have been numerous times and never liked it one time except the time I went to Fort Worth and Dallas.
What are you, like a research scientist or something?

[Ala...look around a bit more....the real Texans have big bellies, no butt, about 4 days of whiskers, a blue heeler on the tool box, a bunch of empty beer cans in the back of the truck, and a ball cap on his head. Usually talking cows, football, huntin' or fishin'. Everybody else is tourist unless you're in SE Texas and there might be a few coon asses around. Course they're always welcome cause they got them shrimp and mudbugs.[/quote]

Hey now......that sounds just like me......and Jogeephus too. He's got the blue heeler on his tool box. I've replaced the beer cans with diet pepsi trying to reduce the belly some. I'm from Tennessee and he is from Georgia but it sounds like we would fit right in like Davey Crockett did. :lol2:

Please don't ever try to save us from ourselves. Just let us sink. :D[/quote]

I did like the posters idea about hitching a ride with Hoss, that one made me laugh wondering how long it would take for him to put her in the bed of the truck.[/quote]

Actually Caustic if Jo wasn't ridin with me I would be more than happy to let Frankie ride shotgun.....oops she don't like firearms references......I mean in the passenger seat. I am sure she would be plum tortured listening to Hank Jr. and Ted Nugent CD's whilst I disparage her presidential hero. :cowboy: She might just love my Hoppes cologne too. She would have her choice of jerky or pork rinds and diet pepsi for snacks. Of course she might not like ridin in my gas guzzling 4x4 that leaves a carbon footprint the size of Indiana but heck I won't charge her a dime... just ask her to engrave my bullets since Jo wouldn't be there. :lol:

HOSS":3mkyl2bo said:

I did like the posters idea about hitching a ride with Hoss, that one made me laugh wondering how long it would take for him to put her in the bed of the truck.[/quote]

Actually Caustic if Jo wasn't ridin with me I would be more than happy to let Frankie ride shotgun.....oops she don't like firearms references......I mean in the passenger seat. I am sure she would be plum tortured listening to Hank Jr. and Ted Nugent CD's whilst I disparage her presidential hero. :cowboy: She might just love my Hoppes cologne too. She would have her choice of jerky or pork rinds and diet pepsi for snacks. Of course she might not like ridin in my gas guzzling 4x4 that leaves a carbon footprint the size of Indiana but heck I won't charge her a dime... just ask her to engrave my bullets since Jo wouldn't be there. :lol:[/quote]

Be careful now Hoss she will put her Moderator hat on for you again if you don't see things her way.

HOSS":3jfce2n1 said:

Actually Caustic if Jo wasn't ridin with me I would be more than happy to let Frankie ride shotgun.....oops she don't like firearms references......I mean in the passenger seat. I am sure she would be plum tortured listening to Hank Jr. and Ted Nugent CD's whilst I disparage her presidential hero. :cowboy: She might just love my Hoppes cologne too. She would have her choice of jerky or pork rinds and diet pepsi for snacks. Of course she might not like ridin in my gas guzzling 4x4 that leaves a carbon footprint the size of Indiana but heck I won't charge her a dime... just ask her to engrave my bullets since Jo wouldn't be there. :lol:[/quote]

Hoss, you might want to play a medley of Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Neal Boortz, and Mark Levin just to make that trip really special.

I ain't a bashing Texas i have been there often enough back when i was a bit younger. But i like deep hollows and long ridges, so i think i will just stay in these old Ozark mountians of Arkansas.

Red Bull Breeder":28uwlm2a said:
I ain't a bashing Texas i have been there often enough back when i was a bit younger. But i like deep hollows and long ridges, so i think i will just stay in these old Ozark mountians of Arkansas.

Been thru there a few times myself and it definitely is beautiful....would hate to get lost in those hills and hollers. tho.

cowman30":25f6wfft said:

They probably didn't like you either. :lol:

TexasBred":sv7uuj67 said:
cowman30":sv7uuj67 said:

They probably didn't like you either. :lol:

The tree huggers are really gonna like it down Caustic's way. Just dump them off in the big thicket. They'll spend the rest of their lives and never get to all the trees.

We have a season on tree huggers in this part of the state, lots of people make a living off trees down here.
If the heat and humidity don't get them first.

Caustic Burno":2s11pssm said:
We have a season on tree huggers in this part of the state, lots of people make a living off trees down here.
If the heat and humidity don't get them first.

You got that right. First job I ever had was in Evadale, Texas....skeeters there big enough to mate with a turkey. Hottest place I ever worked and so humid you could cut it with a knife.

I thought about moving to Texas once, but I decided I'd miss football too much. :p

Besides, if I stay here, I'll soon become famous as the last surviving Republican in the entire state of Illinois.

VanC":14xytu6z said:
I thought about moving to Texas once, but I decided I'd miss football too much. :p

Besides, if I stay here, I'll soon become famous as the last surviving Republican in the entire state of Illinois.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Larry

VanC":a6pti3ea said:

Just hang on or move out.
But don't give in.

Not that you ever would.

VanC":2gd2vwqx said:

They play football in Ill??? ;-)

Latest posts