Mountain Lions

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve said:
kenny thomas said:
National Park Service has announced that they have captured 7 male and 11 female lions in South Dakota and have released them in Smokey Mountain National Park. At the bottom of the mountain on both sides is private land. In the first few days 2 have been spotted outside the park.

Need some Minnesota wolves too.
We don't need either.

kenny thomas said:
Stocker Steve said:
kenny thomas said:
National Park Service has announced that they have captured 7 male and 11 female lions in South Dakota and have released them in Smokey Mountain National Park. At the bottom of the mountain on both sides is private land. In the first few days 2 have been spotted outside the park.

We don't need either.
They turned wolves loose in Yellowstone in 1996. We have them here now. Just think how much fun they would be in your neighborhood.

Well every deer lease in this part of the world has signs warnings about not shooting bear.We had the overgrown coons were wiped out. Now the TPWD wants them back.

https://www.thevindicator.com/lifestyles/east-texas-black-bear-task-force/article_c4c21762-45e6-11e5-a766-075d465670bd.html?mode=jqm

The idiots need to train the varmints to stay on public property, I don't want them on my private property. Everyone has a phone with a camera so you better be careful dealing with the bs.

True Grit Farms said:
The idiots need to train the varmints to stay on public property, I don't want them on my private property. Everyone has a phone with a camera so you better be careful dealing with the bs.
That applies to not just State fish and game people.
Some of those idiots are landowners and stockmen.
I and about 8 others nearby are surrounded by federal national forest. All of us but one have horses or cows or both. We long ago decided to just shoot every predator we see and as a result, the coyotes have learned to stay clear of our pastures and houses, but one person has goats and uses some kind of high $$ pair of dogs..LGDs to keep coyotes away and wants the rest of us to do the same. I tried to explain that all that does is make one person's problem their neighbor's problem and it's just a rotating cycle from this pasture, to the next one, to the next one and then back to the original one. An exercise in futility. If ya want a dog, great. But bullets are cheaper and more permanent than dog food.

Dave said:
kenny thomas said:
Stocker Steve said:
We don't need either.
They turned wolves loose in Yellowstone in 1996. We have them here now. Just think how much fun they would be in your neighborhood.

I would shoot them with a 22-250 so none hears it

Lrj505 said:
Dave said:
kenny thomas said:
We don't need either.

I would shoot them with a 22-250 so none hears it
The sound of a gun shot in no big deal here. Only 2 maybe 3 ranches within ear shot of my place. There is an old gravel pit that is the local gun range. Half of it is on my property (the 200 yard plus part).
Gut shoot with a gun big enough that you are certain the bullet goes all the way through and the varmint runs off to die somewhere else. But me nor none of my neighbors would suggest that. It is a rumor I hear from Montana.

I am about 75% sure I saw a lion today. We were moving cows. I ran around with the quad to open a gate. Up the hill from me a critter jumped. I just saw the back half and only for a flash. It was the right color and size. Didn't have the white rear of a deer. Too big for a coyote. No calves or dogs that color or even in that area. I didn't see the long tail that usually tells you it is a lion. That is the 25% I am not sure about. It was 70-80 yards up hill of me on the other side of a fence and some real broken ground the way it was headed. So there was no way to chase after it and get another look.

Latest posts