more vet issues

Help Support CattleToday:

regolith

Reaction score
Over the years I've probably had more issues with the receptionists at various vet clinics than with the vets themselves... went into the clinic today and asked for penicillin and 2 types of dry cow therapy, all three drugs are pre-approved on my prescription by one or other of the clinic vets.

The girl came back with two of the products and a box of nitroclox. "That's a lactating cow drug" I told her.
"I know, I'm just trying to find an equivalent" and rushed away again before I could ask if the clinic didn't have any of the other drug in stock - because I'd rather get it another time than be given something different.

It turned out they did have the product, but I refused a second drug group that she told me was 'exactly the same' before she found it. What do you suppose... if I didn't know the active ingredients and their action in these products she'd have sent me away with something that wasn't going to do the job I intended it to do? Same girl tried to give me rumensin on a previous occasion when I asked for bloat oil.
Times like this I think, thank goodness I've got the bit of knowledge I do have. Most of that knowledge comes from questioning vets and reading the labels.

Sounds like you've got a receptionist who has heard the doc. talk just enough to think she knows as much as he does. I'd find another vet but would also take time to let this vet know why I was leaving.

TexasBred":u5n5amnb said:
Sounds like you've got a receptionist who has heard the doc. talk just enough to think she knows as much as he does. I'd find another vet but would also take time to let this vet know why I was leaving.

I think you hit the nail on the head TB.

Some parts of the world don't have as many options as we do, they may be the only game in town.

Larry

There is just one clinic in town... one vet working out of that clinic covering this district.

Tell the vet about his receptionist's trying to give you the wrong meds and her trying to give you rumensin instead of bloat oil. The vet really needs to know this. The receptionist could end up causing an animal's death by dispensing the wrong drugs.

Latest posts