More on illegals

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy?

Reaction score
From the L. A. Times

1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million
people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are
predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien
Mexicans on Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak
Spanish.

(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County. )
(All 10 of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on
welfare.
Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth (and over 90% of
California, Florida , and New York) results from immigration.
29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

flaboy?":3gqz8w33 said:
From the L. A. Times

1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million
people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are
predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien
Mexicans on Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican
nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely
illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak
Spanish.

(There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County. )
(All 10 of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)
Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on
welfare.
Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth (and over 90% of
California, Florida , and New York) results from immigration.
29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

The LA Times never ran such a story because much of isn't true.

My daughter was involved in a hit and run accident recently. Guess why the driver of the van that was at fault ran...and has yet to be found! :mad:

Alice

It is partially true according to Snopes.com. Go the the Urban Legends References Pages, type in Illegal Aliens and then go to Where Your Taxes Go.

I get this stuff all the time, not just on illegals, but on everything else someone can get mad about. I understand that illegal immigration is a frustrating issue, but I dont get why some people, (and I am not picking our you flaboy?) have to take facts and bend them to fit their agenda, especially if it promotes hatred. And it does. Some guy can read inflamatory stuff like this and use it as an excuse to do Lord knows what.

I just think that there was enough hatred and ill feelings before the internet. Now, with the click of a mouse, misinformation can spread even faster, to potentially thousands of people per day.

I am truly not picking on you, flaboy?. Please don't take it as such. This has been one of my many soap boxes lately! My husband gets stuff every day that are just out and out lies. People read them and believe.

This particular article contains some truths, but some of the information is bent to fit the intentions of whoever started circulating it to begin with.

Again, apologies if I offended.

flaboy?":m0ww7l7j said:
Frankie":m0ww7l7j said:

PROVE IT WRONG!

Prove what wrong? That the LA Times never ran such a story? They're online. All you have to do is Google the first claim and see that the only place it shows up is on blogs and right wing sites. It doesn't show up as a fact, reported in the LA Times.

Or that 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish? Some people actually go to school and learn to speak a second language. In some areas, it's considered quite a feat to speak more than one language. How many do you speak?

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/i/ ... aliens.htm

But, I'm still :mad: about the hit and run...

This happened in downtown Cleburne...on the courthouse square...boucoup witnesses...one of them a hispanic lady that provided the police with a description of the van and the man.

A hit and run is a crime...YET, the police acknowledged that there wasn't a whole lot that could be done since the man was more than likely illegal. In other words, looking for him would be fruitless. arghhhhhhh!

Alice

Lammie":30sa67ku said:
It is partially true according to Snopes.com. Go the the Urban Legends References Pages, type in Illegal Aliens and then go to Where Your Taxes Go.

I get this stuff all the time, not just on illegals, but on everything else someone can get mad about. I understand that illegal immigration is a frustrating issue, but I dont get why some people, (and I am not picking our you flaboy?) have to take facts and bend them to fit their agenda, especially if it promotes hatred. And it does. Some guy can read inflamatory stuff like this and use it as an excuse to do Lord knows what.

I just think that there was enough hatred and ill feelings before the internet. Now, with the click of a mouse, misinformation can spread even faster, to potentially thousands of people per day.

I am truly not picking on you, flaboy?. Please don't take it as such. This has been one of my many soap boxes lately! My husband gets stuff every day that are just out and out lies. People read them and believe.

This particular article contains some truths, but some of the information is bent to fit the intentions of whoever started circulating it to begin with.

Again, apologies if I offended.

We get it, too. I finally got fed up with the most recent one and sent a response questioning it to everyone on the sender's email list. Ticked her off and I don't think she'll be sending any more. Her defense? "I didn't say it was true." Why would anyone send out anything they didn't believe was true?

Alice":1qjk8tmf said:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/i/illegal-aliens.htm

But, I'm still :mad: about the hit and run...

This happened in downtown Cleburne...on the courthouse square...boucoup witnesses...one of them a hispanic lady that provided the police with a description of the van and the man.

A hit and run is a crime...YET, the police acknowledged that there wasn't a whole lot that could be done since the man was more than likely illegal. In other words, looking for him would be fruitless. arghhhhhhh!

Alice

I totally agree that our borders need to be secured to stop the flow of illegals. But posting stuff like this isn't helping anything.

I did read recently that since we've beefed up the Border Patrols, the number of people coming across our border with Mexico illegally is down considerably. It needs to be a priority.

Frankie":yxemjami said:
flaboy?":yxemjami said:
Frankie":yxemjami said:

PROVE IT WRONG!

Prove what wrong? That the LA Times never ran such a story? They're online. All you have to do is Google the first claim and see that the only place it shows up is on blogs and right wing sites. It doesn't show up as a fact, reported in the LA Times.

Or that 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish? Some people actually go to school and learn to speak a second language. In some areas, it's considered quite a feat to speak more than one language. How many do you speak?

Are we saying that all newspaper articles are true and factual?

Think.......New York Times. :shock:

All old articles by the LA Times are archived and must be paid for.

I don't think you can prove it didn't show up in the LA Times, just that you don't BELIEVE it did.

I don't put anything past a bunch of nuts in the newspaper business. :roll:

Frankie":1zzwzqr4 said:
But posting stuff like this isn't helping anything.

That I do agree with...just had to vent...

Alice

First of all let me say no offence taken. I have no agenda but found some the so called facts to be shocking.

Second, I checked snopes.com and found these statements were verified as true before posting but maybe instead of 2/3rds (66%) the real number was 62%, or instead of 21 stations is was 20. Close enough for me.

Third, if you think illegal immigration in this country is not a big problem, you probably don't live in area affected by it YET.

Fourth, I thought most on this board to be mature enough to make up ones own mind as to the importance or lack thereof information posted on this site.

Fifth, you have to consider who the poster is. :lol:

Thisd work.
brdersty.jpg

Ut oh Critter, beware you might come under the wrath of those who don't think illegals are a problem. :shock:

We have a nice family from Mexico that bought a small family cafe near us. They are here legally. Love those people. Very nice and willing to do things for people. He goes to Alaska and brings back a bunch of salmon and halibut, then he calls everybody for the End of Harvest celebration. A giant potluck is held. It has gotten bigger each year.

Other side of the coin. Have friends who have a neighbor that tresspasses on their place every hunting season. They have been trying to catch him. He tells people that they are against him because he is Mexican. They don't like him because he drives through their planted fields.
Told them to spike the road before opening day and see what they bag. ;-)

flaboy?":1nbqmodv said:
Ut oh Critter, beware you might come under the wrath of those who don't think illegals are a problem. :shock:

I don't think anyone on this board doesn't think illegals are a problem. But we also know people who post inaccurate information are a problem, too.

flaboy?":3ivhnwy2 said:
Second, I checked snopes.com and found these statements were verified as true before posting but maybe instead of 2/3rds (66%) the real number was 62%, or instead of 21 stations is was 20. Close enough for me.

Obviously you have an agenda because Snopes.com doesn't verify your post.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

Why Not,

What made me so angry about my daughter's situation is that it seems to be a given...yes, hit and run is a crime, HOWEVER, the guy's most likely illegal, nothing can be done, sorry it happened, her insurance will cover it...oh well! It's frustrating that this mindset is becoming the rule rather than the exception.

Alice

as was said on another post this problem will never go away no matter what you do, it has gone to far.....but on another note at least the Mexican illigals are not coming in and blowing up the Country, as some other illigals are trying to do both in My Country and yours.

At last our troops are pulling out of Northern Ireland. Let's hope the peace will stay. and we have no more IRA bombs, not had any for a few years now, they have left it to the Muslims.

Latest posts