More on Alabama Drought

Help Support CattleToday:

Fellas, I keep watching the radar hoping ya'll are gonna get some rain. (I seem to be addicted to the radar these days.) I think it will be a long, long time before I complain about it raining, if ever. I saw a lot of scattered stuff across Bama yesterday and hoped you had gotten some of it. We finally got some decent rain here and it sure has made a difference. The bahia is growing like crazy.

Here's hoping you get rain soon - and plenty of it. :drink:

MikeC":1bd943k6 said:
alabama":1bd943k6 said:
I have closed some gates. I am trying to keep the cows from killing all the grass and with having to feed hay anyway I call my self saving some pastures. I did walk the fences in the woods last week and opened the gates to the swamps to let them eat some sweetgum leaves.
I did get 2 tenths yesterday but it was dusty again by evening.

I figured you got a big soaking yesterday. :lol:

It rained us out of the hayfield 6-8 miles away, but not a drop here. :mad:

Don't you have a "Fella" hay cutter?

Not much rain yesterday but it did turn the hayfield green by dark.
I am cutting with a Morra cutter that is sold by Agra Supply.

Dought will absolutely take it's toll.. we just got out of a couple of years worth. It's totally depressing, and wears a person out. Gives you a lot of time to think about getting into another business! There are many producers down here that have not, and will not restock after selling off last year.

I feel for you guys...

Its raining here in Decatur now, I just called home and it skipped on over. No rain there since 2 tenths on may 4th.

ALACOWMAN":3k6go7o9 said:
:banana: it be pouring now.. thank the LORD ;-)

I'm sitting here at my office window watching it rain like pouring pi$$ out of a boot just 1-2 miles from here. :mad:

Wind blew about 30-40 MPH just before the clouds skipped over us.

When it does rain here, just step out side.........you'll hear me screamin from where ever you are...

it looked like a desert storm here right before it hit. the wind was blowing so hard. what top soil the wind didnt get i hope aint washed away from hard rains sposed too get more off and on all weekend. hope yall get some of it too.

Latest posts