moonshine

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":1b78u5p5 said:
jedstivers":1b78u5p5 said:
When I was in S. GA last winter they just happened to have a little, it was just a tad bit stout.
I know what you mean. You don't have to drink it. Just unscrew the lid and take a whiff. Then try to stand upright after you quit gasping.

Good one should be stout! If it ain't stout, it ain't good shine.

3waycross":1cw261z5 said:
Red Bull Breeder":1cw261z5 said:
Hey 3way just who would you ask in Colorado?? Not much of a Sheriff if he don't no who is making the best shine in his county.

Sad to say my friend but around here all they make in the hills any more is Meth. BTW the Sheriff is a very good friend of mine. If there was any shine being made we would be sharing it.

When I was a kid my godfather took me up in the mtns about 20 miles from where we live and showed me the still and all where his dad and some other fellas made liquor during prohabition. It was cool as he[[.
same here they even call it meth mountain

FarmGirl10":3fwlp08f said:
Jogeephus":3fwlp08f said:
Angus Cowman":3fwlp08f said:
makin whiskey isn't illegal selling it is

If you distill alcohol in any way you have just broken the law. A stupid law but a law none the less. It is a dying art. As said, its really not worth the trouble if you are trying to make money at it. On the otherhand, if you value your heritage and history it might just be worth the trouble to some. But if you do this, it is very important in these times to hide your worm. Kettles and such don't matter that much but the worm does.
Well, you might be wrong, because my dad asked the sheriff a couple years ago and he said pretty much what AC said. You can make it for personal use but you cant make over 300 gallons a year.

Is that all???? hahahaha...only about 3/4 gallon a day. Hardly worth the effort. :lol2: :lol2:

Making moonshine was originally done by mountain settlers because of the fact that they could get 3 times the money for a bushel of corn in the form of spirits as they could for the shelled grain. Not a whole lot of tillable land in the mountains, so turning corn into spirits made growing corn economical. This was entirely legal until around 100 years ago. Taxes became necessary for whatever reasons. The rest is history.

TexasBred":1qsnlgmj said:
FarmGirl10":1qsnlgmj said:
Well, you might be wrong, because my dad asked the sheriff a couple years ago and he said pretty much what AC said. You can make it for personal use but you cant make over 300 gallons a year.

Is that all???? hahahaha...only about 3/4 gallon a day. Hardly worth the effort. :lol2: :lol2:

You can make beer, you can make wine, but you can not make distilled spirits of any quantity under any circumstances without the BATFE permits. Big time penalty if/when you get caught, not only for making the spirits, but tax evasion charges with the IRS because you didn't pay the per gallon tax.

You CAN NOT legally distill spirits without the permits!

grannysoo":2pclzagu said:
TexasBred":2pclzagu said:
FarmGirl10":2pclzagu said:

You can make beer, you can make wine, but you can not make distilled spirits of any quantity under any circumstances without the BATFE permits. Big time penalty if/when you get caught, not only for making the spirits, but tax evasion charges with the IRS because you didn't pay the per gallon tax.

You CAN NOT legally distill spirits without the permits!
No big deal, none of the cops around here could figure out what it is anyway. I know somebody that had a bunch of cops raid his house over a lie, and he had i atleast ten cases sitting in the house. The cops just picked it up, moved it, and never figured out what it was. :lol:

There is a great web site about a guy in ak. that makes stills , and sells them( some one smarter than me, list it , it is great)--alftn

That's my reference, BHB. I think he may mean Arkansas, not AK.

FarmGirl10":3hf67wf6 said:
No big deal, none of the cops around here could figure out what it is anyway. I know somebody that had a bunch of cops raid his house over a lie, and he had i atleast ten cases sitting in the house. The cops just picked it up, moved it, and never figured out what it was. :lol:

As long as someone is discrete and not making or distributing a lot, you're right... the law doesn't care. They're too busy looking for the meth labs around here.

However, start selling a bunch of it around here, and you'll get a personal visit telling you to slow down or he'll introduce you to the BATFE.

It has been a week now. I have exhausted practically all sources and all leads to sources.

"Shine City" is out of shine.

There were about 3 dozen, "If you find any, get me some" replies.

I have one lead left and it sounds pretty promising. I haven't talked to this particualr person in 25 years or so.

Type in.. copper moonshine stills...the musicis great the 25 plus stills he has for sale are great from10 gal to 600 gal.. Has alot of different type of wiskey recipes... Again distilling liquer is Not Legel in any form.

backhoeboogie":2t4nbxku said:
It has been a week now. I have exhausted practically all sources and all leads to sources.

"Shine City" is out of shine.

There were about 3 dozen, "If you find any, get me some" replies.

I have one lead left and it sounds pretty promising. I haven't talked to this particualr person in 25 years or so.

If this doesn't pan out it sounds like you will be left with only one other option. Get in the bizness. :nod:

Success!

It took weeks to find it. I can't buy it, but it is a gift.

The word I get is that lots of these folks make it for Christmas gifts. Big batches will be forthcoming. It must be time to write Santa a letter.

Here's some Blueberry Medley that a fella named Mr. Ball made. Never met the man but he must have a set to go advertising and all.(And yest, Its cut back a tad)

IMG_3852.jpg

six hydrogen two carbon and one oxygen makes moonshine. hydrogen burns blue, carbon burns yellow and oxygen does not glow at this temperature.

Also; a stranger asked a local if this was a place were one could buy moonshine?

You see that house, that is the church, and that house is the baptist church.
In all the others you can buy moonshine!

Jogeephus":3cosj9s4 said:
Here's some Blueberry Medley that a fella named Mr. Ball made. Never met the man but he must have a set to go advertising and all.(And yest, Its cut back a tad)

IMG_3852.jpg

Why on earth would you take good shine and cut it? :mrgreen:

A friend of a friend of a friend of mine said that Mr. Ball said or I think he said that there is just too much demand and not enough juice berries. Still does the job.