Monitor water tanks with wireless camera?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dueyb

Reaction score
Anyone using cellular game cameras or something similar to monitor water levels/tanks on pastures away from home.? No electricity but some cell coverage available. I go to the farm every few days but I work full time and have little kids so can't check waterers daily. Would help me sleep at night if I could have picture sent to my phone showing waterers are full and working (95% of time they are).

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have heard of float valves/pump switches that can be connected to cell signal, but have no actual experience. I sometimes daydream about lots of remote cameras or a drone that could check fences. :lol:

Hippie Rancher said:
I have heard of float valves/pump switches that can be connected to cell signal, but have no actual experience. I sometimes daydream about lots of remote cameras or a drone that could check fences. :lol:

My float valve is monitored by me, checking it & crawling in the well house to clean out the filter. Yup, daydreams. But our pumper checks the oil wells by drone.

The cell cameras have gotten quite a bit cheaper.

Do you have a storage tank like a cistern or some thing? We try to keep several days of storage available to give us a little cushion.

kenny thomas said:
I bet there is something produced that will send a signal at least if the water gets low.

There are but cost is going to come in to play.

Latest posts