Money!

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
I walked into the gas station to get a drink before class today, and for some reason decided to buy a scratch off lotto ticket. I think Ive bought maybe 2 in the few years Ive been able to. Turns out that $2 ticket was a good choice. Ended up leaving with $300 cash.

i haven't played in awhile, but used to pretty regular... did pretty good usually, too. Congrats on the winnings.

Congrats! I don't buy them...I don't even by the big lotto ones. It's just too depressing when I lose... :(

Alice

wow congrats. i bet i would have won the lottery by now if i played regularly. i have this recurring nightmare that i play regularly but i forget to play this one week and my numbers win.

Beefy":ifsv5t7g said:
wow congrats. i bet i would have won the lottery by now if i played regularly. i have this recurring nightmare that i play regularly but i forget to play this one week and my numbers win.

I don't play the same numbers when I do play because I am also afraid that I wouldn't play and they would hit. I normally do a quick pick.

I was just standing in line waiting to pay for my drink and thought to myself "I should try buying a lotto ticket". I guess I made the right choice. I cant help but laugh when people go in and spend every spare penny they have on lotto tickets but never win more than a couple dollars.

Now I have $300 in my fund to buy a cow.

I have heard of a cash cow before, just never knew what it was. Now I do.

I quit buying them when I came so close to winning the MegaBucks Sweepstakes but lost. Just 5 more numbers and I would have been richer than cow mud.

I have a good friend (who happens to be worth millions) who says that the lottery is a tax on people not smart enough to do math. I certainly know people who have won money but in the long run the odds are stacked against winning.

Some how I think that $300 is out of my wallet from losing in the past! I'll settle for half back. :D

Congrats,
Alan

Well,I could take that dollor,add a few more to it and drink/smoke/buy funny hats,but what I'm buying is a dream,nothing more..

TxCoUnTrYbOy":3mofprod said:
Ended up leaving with $300 cash.

Congratulations.

I have played the numbers a few times just for the heck of it. That is the only thing I understand. I have to admit I got excited once a few years ago. They came on the television saying someone from this little town had won and I had numbers. I did get up and go out and get my numbers out of the truck. That was a waste of energy. Waste of nickels too. But it was a little exciting to have numbers that night.

backhoeboogie":2trtdlcq said:
TxCoUnTrYbOy":2trtdlcq said:
Ended up leaving with $300 cash.

Congratulations.

I have played the numbers a few times just for the heck of it. That is the only thing I understand. I have to admit I got excited once a few years ago. They came on the television saying someone from this little town had won and I had numbers. I did get up and go out and get my numbers out of the truck. That was a waste of energy. Waste of nickels too. But it was a little exciting to have numbers that night.

I imagine I spend $30/yr on the powerball. When it gets to $100 million it does get my attention. You do have to give lightning a chance to strike. Any my governor needs the money.

Take it from a guy that gambles WAY TOO MUCH! It can be fun but like everything else - moderation is the key to enjoyment ...and protecting your finances!

Dollar here or there,ok-spending the rent,and the kids shoes,ain't..I figgure I'd just buy something fatening with that dollar...Mabe should write a diet book"How the Lottery helped me lose weight!"

peg4x4":zmn2o4q4 said:
Dollar here or there,ok-spending the rent,and the kids shoes,ain't.."

That happens. That is the sad story of the lotto. I am against it for that very reason. So if I happen to buy a ticket, I feel like I am supporting something that is taking from kids.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1ks88llt said:
I walked into the gas station to get a drink before class today, and for some reason decided to buy a scratch off lotto ticket. I think Ive bought maybe 2 in the few years Ive been able to. Turns out that $2 ticket was a good choice. Ended up leaving with $300 cash.

You are so lucky! We don't even have a Lotto in South Africa any more!

Latest posts