mom and calf... pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
this cow will be 9 years old on April 4. She's not our best lookin cow, but she sure produces great calves. each year she throws big, flashy calves that tend to surprise people when they see her. i love her udder, especially for being 9 years old. Her calf is one I previously posted, she was born on Jan 1.

DSC00015Small.jpg

Ryan":1is26gvk said:
this cow will be 9 years old on April 4. She's not our best lookin cow, but she sure produces great calves. each year she throws big, flashy calves that tend to surprise people when they see her. i love her udder, especially for being 9 years old. Her calf is one I previously posted, she was born on Jan 1.
Good looking calf. That's IMO the Longhorns main use is for yard ornaments. Beautiful hide and horns.

Rustler9":2vfdxm8i said:
the lean beef is pretty tasty too.
I like juicy well marbled corn fed beef. The kind that the butcher has to cut about an inch or more of outside fat off before it has 1/8 fat left on it.
Take that lean longhorn beef and add the scrap fat from the well fed beef and mix it with your lean longhorn beef to about 80% lean and grind it up and then you have some pretty dang good hamburger. The reall lean stuff can go in chili or spaghetti sauce where you have enough seasonings and sauce that you don't really notice the dryness and taste of the meat.

A Longhorn steak cooked no more than medium will be juicy and quite tasty or at least the ones that we've been eating are. I agree that cooking them any closer to done and they will dry out and not be as tender.

I really like that calf, nice and solid build.

at first glance i thought you went and stole one of my cows, got two that look similar to her.

THanks for all the comments on the pair.

Rustler9":3311pv05 said:
A Longhorn steak cooked no more than medium will be juicy and quite tasty or at least the ones that we've been eating are. I agree that cooking them any closer to done and they will dry out and not be as tender.

We recently had a bull butchered (few months ago). The meat is surprisingly good. We have cooked some ribeyes and some t-bones and they have all been tender and juicy and flavorful... even the well-done ones for my step-mom. They sure have been good.

Latest posts