Mixing Permethrin and Carbaryl

Help Support CattleToday:

Twisted

Reaction score
Have any of you ever mixed Permethrin with Carbaryl to spray a pasture for flies and ticks and anything else that eats plants and animals including me? I've got a serious tick problem and after spreading chicken litter on the pasture it seems like the fly population quadrupled in a week.

I've mixed Permethrin with Prentox/PB0-8 at 7.4%, which is the equivalent of Fly Ban or Ultra Boss at 5%. Includes a gallon of corn oil and a little diesel. Ultra Sabre is 3 oz Lambda-cyhalothrin, 6oz PB0-8 and 1 gallon of corn oil and a little diesel.

You may also want to consider mineral with CTC as a preventative against anaplasmosis. Requires a VFD. I start using it a few weeks to a month prior to heavy tick season and continue until generally Oct/Nov.

Look into using Bifenthrin for the ticks.
It says to not use on pasture or near ponds. The Carbaryl (liquid Seven) says they can graze it after 4 hours. Problem is it only kills the ones that are crawling at the time of spraying. The Bifenthrin says it keeps working though and can be sprayed about everywhere except on stuff that will be eaten or around any aquatics. I may try that around the house place and shed I'm building.

I've mixed Permethrin with Prentox/PB0-8 at 7.4%, which is the equivalent of Fly Ban or Ultra Boss at 5%. Includes a gallon of corn oil and a little diesel. Ultra Sabre is 3 oz Lambda-cyhalothrin, 6oz PB0-8 and 1 gallon of corn oil and a little diesel.
I use that same mix, but I think he is talking about spraying it on pastures not cattle.

Latest posts