mini small vs large round balers

Help Support CattleToday:

uscangus

Reaction score
I am looking at mini-small round balers compared to regular round baler for safety. i am tired of using square baler. with small round balers, i don't need large machinery and keep my cost down. i am only planning to cut hay twice to three times a year. with small round baler, i will not so much machinery and cost of labors go down. does some one has any experiences with mini-small round from japan or any other manufacturer. thanks, uscangus.

No experience with mini balers, but just a suggestion: get a 4 x 6 ft round baler like a JD 435 or similar and just make a smaller bale with it. I've not tried it with a smaller hp tractor, but theres not much load on the tractor until the baler starts getting full. You should be able to make a 4x4 bale with a smaller tractor. Be a lot easier getting parts for to. jmo

I agree with the above. It seems that those "over-seas" balers and mowers don't come with much costumer service. Stick with JD, NH, and Gehl. That is my .02

~~BC

Have about totaly wore out 2 JD small round balers,and they have been excellent machines. Bales are easy on the loaders ,,work so much better in the round bale feeders,[so much less waste] and as we stack all our hay out in the open I think they stack and keep better. But would definite'ly stay with US or Canadaian made.