Mini bush hog to pull behind 4-wheeler

Help Support CattleToday:

DoubleK

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of those little 4 foot or so bush hogs that has their own engine behind a 4-wheeler.

I think they would be very handy to have if they will hold up to cutting weeds and brush.

Any suggestions are always welcomed.

Dub

I've looked at them just out of curiosity and they don't look like they would stand up to any sort of heavy use, especially the tongue adjustment. Unless your mowing a trail through the woods where a tractor would be too big, I don't see what advantage they'd offer.

I forgot to ask, do you have a riding mower? Seems like it would do about the same thing.

DoubleK":1h9aszgt said:
Has anyone used one of those little 4 foot or so bush hogs that has their own engine behind a 4-wheeler.

I think they would be very handy to have if they will hold up to cutting weeds and brush.

Dub

Link please?

Might have a use for one.

Bez?

Bez,

You can probably pull cabelas or bassproshop.com and find one. They sell them.

Stepper":24wggecs said:
Bez,

You can probably pull cabelas or bassproshop.com and find one. They sell them.

Nope they are U.S. only as far as I am concerned - import duties, custom fees, exchange rates and transport fees are killers.

Essentially - once I get something from them on my front step the price has almost doubled from sticker price.

Never use them unless truly desparate.

Bez?

Bez?":3dobuiou said:
DoubleK":3dobuiou said:

Dub

Link please?

Bez?

Bush hog make this one (its a GT42) and the reason I started this post is that he said they weren't that good and they would hop around a lot. He also said the you really had to watch your speed to do a good job.

GT48.jpg

Dub

We have one of the Swisher cutters with a 10 HP Briggs and Stratton. It was bought at TSC for around $1,100 I believe. It is a pretty good mower for shredding pasture/weeds; however, I wouldn't recommend using it on too much brush.

The first year we had it, we shredded quite a few small mesquites with it. The next year we had problems with vibration (motor was seperating from deck). I welded it back together and it broke again. We ended up having to replace the part that holds the engine to the deck. The deck height adjustment handle also broke. I had to replace the engagement cable/wires once because someone ran over it and messed it up.

DoubleK":138vfr18 said:
Bez?":138vfr18 said:
DoubleK":138vfr18 said:

Dub

Link please?

Bez?

Bush hog make this one (its a GT42) and the reason I started this post is that he said they weren't that good and they would hop around a lot. He also said the you really had to watch your speed to do a good job.

GT48.jpg

Dub
We have a GT 42. Absolutely great machine, Honda powered. We use it on steep banks and Hills that you cant get a Tractor on, and pull it with the Mule. Never had any problem with it other than blades seem to get dull pretty quick.

Hey, thanks Crowder.

You know I never even thought of the gator, thats a great idea. This will definately solve the speed problem and the overheating of the 4-wheeler at idle speeds.

Thats why your the big chief of this outfit.

Dub

Latest posts