Mineral ?

Help Support CattleToday:

m&kCattle

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the difference between the nutrebeef and right now minerals? Both are Cargill products. Ive been feeding the nutrebeef summer mineral but have talked with some that are high on the emerald right now. Looking to switch to a IGR for summer and its available in both. Last I checked nutrebeef was a bit cheaper and I dont know why?...thoughts and opinions??

Best info would probably be on the labels of them.. look how much of everything they have in them, perhaps one is cut with salt? Less phosphorus (an expensive component), etc

The right now has 3x's the A,D,andE as the Nutrebeef but other than that they seem pretty comparable. I know sometimes sources can come into play on certain minerals? Didnt know if that had to do with it? I dont mind spending a little more if I can see a benefit but I dont want to pay more just because its the popular choice.

Compare phosphorus levels. Phos is very expensive. As little as a 1% difference can make a considerable difference in cost. Also check vitamin levels.

TexasBred":19ebjqo6 said:
Compare phosphorus levels. Phos is very expensive. As little as a 1% difference can make a considerable difference in cost. Also check vitamin levels.

2% Difference in Phos must be it then.

Latest posts