Mineral program for replacements

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky":iqzaek1l said:
I would say if your cows have a nice slick shiny coat, no flies buzzing around, and breed back in 60-90 days without mineral you don't need it. I've tried all kinds sold around here and have the best luck with Nutrena w/ IGR. I also use multi-min 90 in the spring and can definitely tell a difference.

Our cows are expected to calve in 50 days. 80 to 85% do it in 30. Scours, enterotoximia and many other problems we have experienced in the last nearly 40 years are almost minimal in this wet mud hole we have at calving time. Nutrition and vaccination programs are wonderful things when you get them working for you and keep it that way.
Our open rate was 4.75% this fall, lates were 5%.

gcreekrch":3kt45y2q said:
Lucky":3kt45y2q said:
I would say if your cows have a nice slick shiny coat, no flies buzzing around, and breed back in 60-90 days without mineral you don't need it. I've tried all kinds sold around here and have the best luck with Nutrena w/ IGR. I also use multi-min 90 in the spring and can definitely tell a difference.

Our cows are expected to calve in 50 days. 80 to 85% do it in 30. Scours, enterotoximia and many other problems we have experienced in the last nearly 40 years are almost minimal in this wet mud hole we have at calving time. Nutrition and vaccination programs are wonderful things when you get them working for you and keep it that way.
Our open rate was 4.75% this fall, lates were 5%.

Sounds very similar to here

Latest posts