Mickey mouse Ears

Help Support CattleToday:

cowspider

Reaction score
I went to the sale this weekend and they ran some cattle through that had white bodies and black ears. they looked like they had just visited disneyland and bought those mickey mouse ears.
Any one know what breed they might be :?: :cboy:

British White?

britishwhite.jpg

I have some British White crossbred cows in my herd right now...excellent mothers!
Easy calving, good milkers, and great dispositions.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked jcarkie what kind of calf was posted on his or her avitar. This answered the question. What happened to jcarkie anyway? I haven't seen any postings in a long time.

What happened to jcarkie anyway? I haven't seen any postings in a long time.

jcarkie is still out there, I believe. Made a post on the castration topic on beginners board (I think that was it).

My "guess" was British White also.

Katherine

Thanks Katerine. The little calf that was on the avatar looked like a painted figure it was so white with the black markings. I must say I have never seen a British White before. I like the way they are marked.

Are chianeena (sp) marked like that? Don't see much but black, red, and char around here

joe wrote
Are chianeena (sp) marked like that?

I don't believe so. The ones I have seen are white.
There is a place I drive past on my way to work that has them and crosses them with Angus, I believe, and the resulting offspring that I have seen are either blackish, whitish, and many tiger-striped. Large animals.

Katherine

Agree with British Whites, but the White Park and American White Park breeds are similarly marked. Chianina can be white with dark/black points. As CRR mentioned, white Galloways are generally white with dark/black points, but they tend to have much longer and thicker hair than the cattle in Ruby's picture.

My dad has about 90 british whites and they are great mothers that raise huge calves. The problem is the disount on the calves when sold. The best cross is with a charlois bull to keep from getting the discount. There are alot of longhorn cattle that are colored like the white parks or british white, but are light boned and totally different in conformation. You might have seen a british white or a longhorn, the color would fit either

pinzman, dad always called his white parks, there were two different breeds according to some people. now, according to one directory that i read, the two groups have merged in their registration. I dont know for sure, but I had read that british whites couldnt have horns, they had to be polled, and white parks could have horns. I dont have the answer to that. I just know that ours are that color, whether they are white parks or british whites---lol