MF 35

Help Support CattleToday:

A gas tractor is better than nothing. I have a diesel MF35 and you can work it all day an not burn a tank of fuel. Seems like we mowed all summer on a tank of fuel. I have 6' finish mower on It. And It's just sitting in the barn waiting for the grass to grow.

There ought to be a hall of fame tractors. I would vote that the 35 Fergueson be bronzed, and placed in front.

Bigfoot":2mblgsec said:
There ought to be a hall of fame tractors. I would vote that the 35 Fergueson be bronzed, and placed in front.
I like the idea, then the 4020jd, the IH cub and then probably the 8n.

I love'em, but Perkins engines leak like sain. You may not be able to stop it with new seals for very long. I always heard it was the way they machined the edges of things.

Love those tractors,.. still got a 1957 version sitting by the barn, easy to work on and a great for small jobs

Bigfoot":3sakates said:
I love'em, but Perkins engines leak like sain. You may not be able to stop it with new seals for very long. I always heard it was the way they machined the edges of things.

I thought that the gas was a Continental engine an the diesel Perkins.

I can relate to the gas hog tractor. I had a Ford 8n for my first tractor, then the MF35 a few years later. I saved enough in fuel to pay for the seed. I like diesel tractors, but a gas tractor will get the job done. It's hard to believe how much more work you can do with a 60-70hp tractor, compared to a 35-45hp tractor. I am talking about older 60- 70hp tractors though.

I understand that Continental parts are hard to find, but the Perkins diesel parts are still available. At least that's what I was told years ago regarding a MF 165 factory lp with a continental engine. I admit there are probably more 35s with gas engines still running than 165s built.

The diesel MF 35 are great little tractors...I used to have one. Like has already been said a gas MF 35 is better than nothing though. I would highly suggest that you go to the parts house and buy a disconnect switch and put on one of your battery posts...about $25. In the event you have an electrical fire you can shut off the current quickly before the gas tank blows up. Every tractor should have one on them, but at least a diesel won't blow up like a gas tractor.
I had a neighbor last year have an electrical short on his 3000 ford and I was with him....it can get real tense real quick trying to unhook a battery cable. Get the disconnect switch...I have one on my truck I drive daily.

hurleyjd":orqb5z9d said:
Bigfoot":orqb5z9d said:

I thought that the gas was a Continental engine an the diesel Perkins.

I need to repeat 1st grade, and learn to read. Somehow I thought he was buying a diesal. The gas burner is still a nice little tractor.

Latest posts