MF 135 Clutch

Help Support CattleToday:

rnh2

Reaction score
Shop manual says to adjust clutch at the pedal. I have heard there is a second adjustment for the pto in which you have to remove plate under tractor. Anybody out there know for sure?

I do believe there is.. its a double clutch that you press halfway to disengage the transmission, then all the way to disengage the PTO right?

PM me your email. I can send you the 2 pages of the manual that deal with that

Along the circumference of the flywheel, there's some adjusting bolts with lock nuts on them that push on the secondary clutch plate.. the clearance is supposed to be 0.090" plus/minus 0.002"... the most important thing is they're all even. I personally like the secondary clutch to come out sooner rather than later, so if I'm not happy with .090" I might tighten it up to 0.080" so it's easier to disengage the PTO

The manual shows this procedure being done on a flywheel on the bench, but I'm quite sure there's a window in the bell housing you can access it from, there's 3 fingers, so you'll have to rotate the engine, access to these bolts is from the sides of the flywheel.

Latest posts