Mexican Vultures

Help Support CattleToday:

When they are on the attack, turkey buzzards will hang with them but hang back. It can be hard to tell from a distance. If you see those turkey buzzards, don't assume there are no Mexican Vultures. They'll be attacking the calf and distracting the cow trying to draw her away. The buzzards just sit around adding to the cow's confusion.

them dang things are real bad here as well.lost a calf to them 2 or 3 days ago.i think theyve cost us 3 or 4 calves this year.

Yep.. they are thick around here too. Beginning to think they are on the endangered list...

I've been seeing them more and more here. They circle the pasture looking for a meal but so far I haven't seen anything land. I am waiting......

HOSS":zj7baajm said:
I've been seeing them more and more here. They circle the pasture looking for a meal but so far I haven't seen anything land. I am waiting......

Hoss with your shooting ability them black devils would fall our of the sky and hit the ground like the hail hitting that woman's dooh.

We have been having problems with them also. Can only get one shop off before they get too carefull.

Cabo":blc42ieu said:
HOSS":blc42ieu said:

Hoss with your shooting ability them black devils would fall our of the sky and hit the ground like the hail hitting that woman's dooh.
Flying too high for a shotgun and in the rare event :bs: that I miss with the .223 I am worried about where the bullet will come down :mrgreen:

I have learned that they are looking for me sitting on the porch.
So I pulled the screen out of one of my windows and they don't seem to see me Inside the house.
So I've been getting plenty target practise from (CB your gonna like this) sitting in my recliner.
With my 22 hornet and those hornandy v max they dont stand a chance out to about 250 yds
and the window sill makes a good gun rest. :lol:

Cal

Calman":30xq5f45 said:
So I pulled the screen out of one of my windows and they don't seem to see me Inside the house.
So I've been getting plenty target practise from (CB your gonna like this) sitting in my recliner.
With my 22 hornet and those hornandy v max they dont stand a chance out to about 250 yds

Cal

Don't try and BS me if there was a way for you to shoot out of that recliner I had all the confidence in the world you could do it.
Every one of those devil's that die will make you happy happy happy, along with the recliner.

Guys, I wish everyone of those vile birds was back in Mexico, but because they are protected under some treaty back in the 1920's this might be the time to just practice the 3S's - Shoot,Shovel and Shut-up

Caustic Burno":xf5jfjms said:
Calman":xf5jfjms said:

Cal

Don't try and BS me if there was a way for you to shoot out of that recliner I had all the confidence in the world you could do it.
Every one of those devil's that die will make you happy happy happy, along with the recliner.

:lol2: :lol2:

Cal

I talked to the Game warden about those birds.
Told him the fit they we're giving me and asked him what would happen if I shot one.
He said nothing unless somebody saw you and complaind,then Id have to come out and investigate.
I then asked him what would you do if they were killing your calves,and he said,I won't tell you what I would do.
So I went ahead and made my decission to creat a loud noise and watch them have a heart attack.

Cal

To tell the truth, I think we should be raising hell with every elected official we can. These animals need to be sent packing. I know I cornered my State rep and he didnt have a clue to our problem... Lets go folks!!!! Its time to raise hell!!!!

I had a nice bull calf born this morning it was up and walking around when I left for work but when I got home the buzzards had ate a hole in his back end and I had to shoot him. Probably not the last thing I shot today.

houstoncutter":3ha4mnhk said:
To tell the truth, I think we should be raising be nice with every elected official we can. These animals need to be sent packing. I know I cornered my State rep and he didnt have a clue to our problem... Lets go folks!!!! Its time to raise be nice!!!!

I am working on it been bending the state rep's ear.
I also carry a 22 mag at all times, have a Remington 552 scoped good to a 100 yard's and a Ruger mini by the front door.
They have been especially bad this year for some reason.

Latest posts