Buzzards/Turkey Vultures

Help Support CattleToday:

gimpyrancher":2hfbyhnv said:
I'm a newbie here and just want to put this out and see what happens.

It's getting harder and harder for responsible ethical shooters to find places to varmint hunt. There are hunters like me that enjoy shooting their high quality air rifles out well over 100 yards with little noise. The modern .17s and .204s were made for this type of precision shooting out to 300+ yards. Just want to offer this as a possible option. The livestock are at no risk.

gimpyrancher :wave:

rusty":2hfbyhnv said:
gimpy,
You seem to not understand it is illeagl to shoot these wonderful birds so it is not wise to suggest such things.

Rusty,
Before you get all upset, somehow I don't think you understand what Gimpyrancher was saying. From reading the post it sounds to me like he want to varmint hunt not unethically shootin "these wonderful birds". I believe he was speaking of VARMINTS. ie, squirels, rabbits, coyotes etc. That was the part of the ethical shooters and varmint hunting. Think you are reading a bit to much into this post. Ethical hunters don't think of birds in general as Varmints.
Double R

Rusty,

I wasn't suggesting shooting the vultures/buzzards. I figured there must be a ready supply of vermin if these types of birds are around. Perhaps removing some of the upcoming food supply might have them moving on to better hunting grounds. May not be doable but it was an idea.

Gimpy :compute:

Guys,I was joking .I wasn't reading anything into it I just wanted Gimppy to know it was illeagal to shoot them before he said he would shoot one .I am sorry for the misunderstanding.