Meniscus Tear

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Going to the Doc tomorrow to find out what I need to do about my right knee. Felt a pop on Tuesday, been having trouble with this knee since August. On crutches and wearing a brace. I cannot straighten my knee fully anymore so find out if I just need physical therapy or surgery. Was so swollen on Tuesday they could not see anything on the x-rays.
Boss was pretty ticked on Tuesday but was not mad today when I called to talk to them. Going to call them right away after seeing the Doc so they know what is going on too.
I feel bad about missing work, but nothing I can do about it right now.

I had mine scoped about 3 years ago kinda the same thing had a MRI in Sept Doc said I had a tear but left it up to me I didn't want it done at all thought I was tough, He told me you will know when its time and at the end of Jan it was time had it done around the 10th of Feb and back at work Mar 1st the moral here is I should have had it done in Sept and not been in misery for 4 extra months.
I hope all goes well for you and it is nothing.

Husband is having a fit. He keeps saying nothing is wrong and I just need the brace. :roll:
Going to listen to the Doc though. If he says scope I am going to scope. Only problem is going to be how long I am going to be off work. My wages have been going into the new house so that is my concern.
Since this was not a work related injury and I was clocked out when it happened and not on the ambulance at the time I am in no man's land considering the cost of it.
Do have an accident policy so going to claim on that.

I was out 3 weeks and im a fireman so I wasn't going back to a desk. I believe that therapy was the key I did just what they said and had no problems.

Had mine done 3 years ago and after a few weeks never another problem with it. It would get in bad shape before and swell real bad. The sooner it is fixed the better. It won't get well without it.

I blew out my knee in highschool ACL, LCL surgery and cast for 8 weeks. 2 weeks after I got cast off I tore it up again. I elected no more surgery and braced it for 8 weeks. I've been dealing with it for nearly 30 years. All of the Dr.s want to replace it but say I'm to young and want me to wait till I'm about 55. My advise is get it fixed and take care of it.

The crazy part is this not even the knee I hurt years ago while skiing.

Thought I had it figured out and it was my foot giving me fits again and it was radiating up my leg. So I was doing the stretches my foot doctor told me to do and boy did it hurt like hades afterwards, but the next day no pain! I was walking to the store office and a customer grabbed my arm and yank me to the side and my knee twisted again. :x Yes I was ready to punch that customer, but I would never hit an older person.

Just a bit nervous about tomorrow.

hang in there chris.youll be just fine.i was told by an old dr that i was going to have to have my knees an hipps replaced a few years ago.an he said to tough it out as long as i could before doing anything because the shape my foot an ankle are in.well it maybe time as my left knee hurts pretty much all the time now.may try shots in the knee after the 1st of the year an hope they work.because its the knee i step up on tractors with.

bse":yxcqd4yf said:
I had mine scoped about 3 years ago kinda the same thing had a MRI in Sept Doc said I had a tear but left it up to me I didn't want it done at all thought I was tough, He told me you will know when its time and at the end of Jan it was time had it done around the 10th of Feb and back at work Mar 1st the moral here is I should have had it done in Sept and not been in misery for 4 extra months.
I hope all goes well for you and it is nothing.
Yup , me too. Get it scoped and follow doctor's orders and you will be glad you got it taken care of.

Saw a different Doc today. My first one was gone. I must admit I had to chuckle when they told me to relax my knee and straighten it. Had to tell them I was relaxed and my knee would still not straighten.
Got an order for an MRI, but the place they send us patients to everyone was gone due to the holiday season.
Asked if I could go back to work and was told that since they did know 100% what was going on they could not say I could and they said only if I feel like I could do it. Was also told to try walking without the crutches. I did but that did not last long before my knee was killing me. Tried it with 1 crutch and that lasted longer but by the end of the day I was back on both crutches.
I could at times feel my knee "crunching".
Been wearing my brace even at night. Had to wash it today. Hanging up in shower drying now.
Had trouble getting into this shower and hubby told me I can use the ones up at the new house. Might have to!

So after the MRI a decision is going to be made after I see the orthaipedic surgeon.

Took the brace off today and I can see my knee is still swollen. Taking Motrin.
Tried walking with a cane. Helps for a few steps then I need my crutches.

Was suppose to switch shifts with a co-worker next week and I feel bad about it. Going to see if I can do that shift since she has to work at her second job at the bar on New Years Eve.

Doctors office called this morning. MRI is scheduled for the 31st at 1pm.

Still a little swollen this morning. Going to try to go to work tomorrow. Suppose to be a short day.

I tore my ACL MCL and damaged my meniscus on April 24th. I tried to deal with it and finish out the football season, but soon learned that I couldn't even walk. I had surgery on July 2nd and walked out of my doctors office in Vanderbuilt 6 days after. I even played in my last two football games. I am now walking running and doing most things normal. I would recomend if surgery is an option get it done as soon as possible. I can tell that I had surgery on really cold days and really rainy days, but other than that I feel normal. I also recomend doing all the physical therapy your insurance will allow you to do. My surgeon recomeded therapy 2 times a week, but I felt really sore if I had more than four days in between visits so I went to three per week until I didn't get sore any more. Good luck!

Thanks j&l. I have pretty much already decided on surgery if I need it. Just waiting for the MRI. Going to go to work tomorrow then I am off for 2 days. Boss is going to be out of town. Told me if it starts bothering me then to go home.

I broke my left leg years ago and it forecasts the weather better then most weathermen! Had 2 concussions too and I get headaches just before big storms hit.

Hope you get fixed soon. Knees are useful.

As for your expenses, few understand the extent to which our government and insurance have driven up the price. I was watching the Ron Paul channel, and a Doctor from the Surgery Center of Oklahoma explained how they could do a surgery for one-sixth to one-tenth the cost usually charged, because he doesn't have to pay all the clerks and bureaucrats, etc, etc. Plus they can do a better job. It is called the free market and competition, which most people in the "land of the free" don't understand.

Hospitals can charge more because there is more government money thrown at healthcare. Same with government money for education causing tuition to rise 3 times the rate of inflation. So gov't drives up prices, then offer help because we can't afford it.
And then create the Affordable Care Act. Unbelievable!

Here is the website for the Surgery Center of Oklahoma with price lists for different surgeries. Might be worth the trip - heck some people travel to India for surgeries and save money.
http://www.surgerycenterok.com/

Latest posts