Members leaving CT

Help Support CattleToday:

I like this board. Enjoy seeing cattle and country from all across the world. People come and go because of various reasons, death, sickness,busy life etc etc. Just wish Australia had a board like it, so that other posters wouldn't get sick of Australian posters talking about our country's day to day stories.
Thanks Macon

Hey Australian, we read what the Canadians write, I suppose you read what we write ect...

Post it up. If someone isn't interested they don't have to read it. :nod:

Maybe the new CattleClub chat room will fill the spot.

1982vett":11yep10h said:
Hey Australian, we read what the Canadians write watch it Vett us Canadians have a lot of useful information eh.. :lol2: , I suppose you read what we write ect...

Post it up. If someone isn't interested they don't have to read it. :nod:

Maybe the new CattleClub chat room will fill the spot.

The chat room seem like it may be the way to go we just all have to get in sync with each other.. :wave:

I can't speak for others but I have a new appreciation for all ag producers in the world when I learn about each different country /region and all that each of you face to just survive. We need to strive to be the best that we can ,strive to produce the safest product we can for our consumers and provide the product consumers demand.

I haven't been on in awhile , along with all the other work around here I started a job three days a week back in march . Tractor supply opened a new store about 10 miles from here and I'm working there. I'm still here but I haven't spent much time on the computer lately

Hi guys and gals, I am new here and am just getting started again in the how to make a small fortune out of a large fortune game. I enjoy the give and take to a point, and then it gets boring at best or ugly at worst. I am on several other boards and some of them are good and some are not. A photography board has gotten so bad the old times who had somethng to teach left. This left the know it alls who could tell you what you did wrong, but not how to do it better next time. I think this board has a lot of good hearted people who truly want to help everyone make it. The one thing that bothers me is when some one asks a question and gets a reply that in essence says "You idiot do a search and you will find it and not have to bother us experts." Which is great but, with a little friendly direction, they would know what it was they were looking for. It is nice to hear a friendly voice say, "Welcome to the camp fire, Here is how to find a full discussion of what you neeed to know but in the meantime do this.", even if it is just to call your vet. I run into the same thing in law practice, lawyers who should know what they are doing asking for direction. Many times we just want a reaffirmance we are doing it right. And sometimes we just don't want to call the vet again when we have a another question that turns out to be not a problem. It is easier to show our ignorance to a board full fo strangers than to some one we will have to face again and again. Too many unhelpful answers though and you begin to thing whats the point and move on.
Just my two cents for what it is worth.
Judge Sharpe

I have been here a relatively short time and have gained a wealth of knowledge both on cattle and B.S. I do not consider myself an expert on cattle or even a journeyman, so I do not even try to contribute to any of those discussions, but on the B.S. it's a different story. I love the responses that are given in the Coffee Shop because it gives me a chance to get to know people, their individuality, and wittiness. Just like the old coffee shops I grew up with. Alot of the old guys I grew up around and respected have passed on, and its a sad feeling when I have a problem or need advise, and the ones that I know well enough to ask are not around anymore.

I asked a question on here once and was chastised for even asking it. Kinda ruffled my feathers a little, but I got several PMs from knowledgeable people that made me want to stick around. One in particular I now consider a friend and would someday like to visit his operation in person.

There are truly some good people on here, and like any discussion, I can walk away. Internet forums are a great place for selective hearing.

Maybe, like me, some just get too busy this time of year? I know I stop by here a lot more in winter than I do in other seasons.

I used to have a job that allowed me to spend a lot of my day on the computer during down time. Two years ago, I started a very stressful and busy job.... thus there has been less time to spend on CT.

I know for me its a matter of time and also the people that are just looking for a fight. I don't have time for that kind of crap. I want to spend my "free" time learning and maybe helping others with my "mistakes and success" not trying to get answers in between warding off crap. I used to spend a lot of time on here years ago. Most of my time waiting for calves, piglets or breedings that needed to be done was spent here. Now id rather read a ag magazine where I don't have to deal with being "jumped" for my opinion.
This place has changed over the years. I have thick skin and don't mind debate but there are to many people on here that just want to fight and its not worth my time. Guess it just shows the times. I will proably stay on here but will stay at mostly reading and occasionally responding when I think I can help someone.
Maybe some day it will get back to the way it was when I joined the first time.
Double R

Double R Ranch":ewmao5of said:
I know for me its a matter of time and also the people that are just looking for a fight. I don't have time for that kind of crap. I want to spend my "free" time learning and maybe helping others with my "mistakes and success" not trying to get answers in between warding off crap. I used to spend a lot of time on here years ago. Most of my time waiting for calves, piglets or breedings that needed to be done was spent here. Now id rather read a ag magazine where I don't have to deal with being "jumped" for my opinion.
This place has changed over the years. I have thick skin and don't mind debate but there are to many people on here that just want to fight and its not worth my time. Guess it just shows the times. I will proably stay on here but will stay at mostly reading and occasionally responding when I think I can help someone.
Maybe some day it will get back to the way it was when I joined the first time.
Double R
It will never go back to the way it was. Anytime you have as many participants as CT does you'll have the percenatge of problems children. The bigger it gets the more of them you have.

It will never go back to the way it was. Anytime you have as many participants as CT does you'll have the percenatge of problems children. The bigger it gets the more of them you have

As always Dun you are right. Hope you are well. Glad you are still here!
Double R

Latest posts