Melatonin

Help Support CattleToday:

d6cattleman":200g8i73 said:
Hey GC,
Do you use Melatonin, Is it better than ace. Ive used calm calf and ace and the latter was best.
d6cattleman

For one, Ace is illegal and Calf Calm can also make them mad. Melatonin is the best I've found, plus, it's all natural. Natural doesn't test, unlike Calf Calm and Ace.

Do you just go to Wal-mart and buy a bottle and crush it up in their feed, or how do you do this? Any suggestions for mg/lb of body weight? Can I top dress with it?

You just buy it at Wal-mart and you just put the whole pills on their feed. 10 per feeding 2 days before the show.

Cowboy 2.0":wjlbf3xw said:
d6cattleman":wjlbf3xw said:
Hey GC,
Do you use Melatonin, Is it better than ace. Ive used calm calf and ace and the latter was best.
d6cattleman

For one, Ace is illegal and Calf Calm can also make them mad. Melatonin is the best I've found, plus, it's all natural. Natural doesn't test, unlike Calf Calm and Ace.
Oops! :oops: I didnt know that. Thanks.
d6cattleman

You can buy melatonin at any store like wal*mart walgreens or CVS. It's in a little black bottle with a purple lable if i remember right.

How WE use melaitonin: Take any where from 28-12 and smash them up into powder. Take the powder and place in water stir it up put in a drench gun and give it to them. (850lbs needs no more than 20!!!)

CAUTIONS: If you do over dose you will know your calf will NOT want to walk he will try to lay down. WALK HIM! have someone help if he won't move one pushes one pulls. i don't think there will be any serious sign-effects.

I have only used this 3 or 4 times. I have used calf calm and it dosn't have any thing on melatonin.

Hope i could help!!

Latest posts