Media Blasting* PICS*

Help Support CattleToday:

Gotta get it done. Found where the grit got into the house between some tiny cracks between the logs. Never knew they were there.

I just want to get it done. Picking up the stain tomorrow. The store I got it from said it would be in today.

Since the logs are now down to "clean" wood I really want to get this on to protect them.

Hubby is bugging me about not picking bales. Told him to get his bale picker back from the barflies honey pot and get with it. He can pick 6 at a trip compared to my 2 a trip. He's going to go get it today.

Didn't get the truck set up. So I waited til 2pm and it was shadey on the east side and got 3 of the 4 bottom logs sanded. Got a few areas need a different sander or just do them by hand.
Saving the bottom log for last since it is the one in the worse shape and will take the longest.
Gotta do all the window sills and all the cut edges on the logs just to get them looking nice.
Good thing I got that X-180 wood restorer. Some of those sanded areas have a black look to them.

Got to get 4 more cases of that caulking. that should finish out the house. Might get an extra case to do the check logs and get them sealed up nice and tight.

Southside of the house and the east side are completely caulked. Got some of the northside too til I ran out.
Checked the pricing and on one site it had jumped from $74 to $90. On a different site it was still $75 so we ordered 3 boxes to finish out the house.

Ok swallow your coffee, tea, pop or what ever you have in your mouth.

Got the bill for the media blasting.

$6347.00

yeah floored us too.

DB I filed yesterday in small claims. We should go in front of the Judge in September.

ALACOWMAN it was over 65 degrees. We checked the temp everyday before we started.

well i hope it werks out for ya...i built my house also...thank god i had no issues ..cept it took me a yr.

small claims here in fl sucks..almost no way to make em pay even if ya win. its a joke

long as it works out for ya and yer still happy thats cool. i just bought a tractor i thought was gonna be all i needed and its been nothing but work to make it right

Damn, I woulda flown up and done it for you for a lot less. I almost offered but wasn't sure...but it seems they did a good job

It might have been cheaper even with the round trip air line ticket hookline.
They did really well.

Now just waiting for the case and see what the Judge says.

Tons of pictures. From last year when we were staining it to seeing the finished product to the stain peeling to now after the media blasting.

Latest posts