Has social media changed how we think?

Help Support CattleToday:

JMJ Farms":3pp5aopc said:
I don't have Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Instagram, snap chat, or anything else. The only forum I am a member of is cattle today. Everyone else was texting about 5 years before me. I'm a dinosaur. And I'm only 35. But to each their own. Nothing wrong with social media. However it can be abused and misused like anything else. Texting and emailing is good enough for me.

I'm 35 as well, got a buddy I graduated with that still carries a dumb phone as he calls it. Says when he can't buy those anymore he's going back to a landline. He will text a bit but doesn't really like it.

This is as close to social media as I get. My wife does the Facebook/instagram thing, but it's not my cup of tea. It's good for friends and family that are out of town to see pictures and to pass along news and prayer requests quickly, but there's an awful lot of crap too from what I've seen. Some people can't carry on a conversation Or go 30 minutes without checking it and seeing what's going on with all of their "friends". I think it makes a lot of folks dissatisfied with their lives and what they have. They don't really know the full story with what's going on with people. They just see the pictures they post and think someone has it so much better. Ive known of several marriages that have been broken up from affairs that started on social media. Social media is like money and some other things- it in and of itself isn't good or bad, it's how you use it.

People like to blame FB or social media for things but they just amplify who the people really are. Same with money. It's not money's fault you have a drug habbit. FB does not make you a gossip... you were a gossip before.

If you are seeing other peoples' nonsense on social media it's because you have chosen to.

If they brag about their spouse they are cheating on them... if they act like they have money they are broke... if they preach about how Christian they are they will be the first one to stab you in the back.

JMJ Farms":gt7vmc0p said:
I don't have Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Instagram, snap chat, or anything else. The only forum I am a member of is cattle today. Everyone else was texting about 5 years before me. I'm a dinosaur. And I'm only 35. But to each their own. Nothing wrong with social media. However it can be abused and misused like anything else. Texting and emailing is good enough for me.
im bout like you except im 16 and im on 2 forums

ez14":3nt030ig said:
JMJ Farms":3nt030ig said:
And all this time I've been thinking you were an old guy....17--18 years old at least. :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm just jealous). ;-)

TexasBred":1p6mkpfs said:
ez14":1p6mkpfs said:
JMJ Farms":1p6mkpfs said:
And all this time I've been thinking you were an old guy....17--18 years old at least. :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm just jealous). ;-)
nope :lol: :lol:

ga.prime":1iqmvjpz said:
john250":1iqmvjpz said:
And you haven't even mentioned anthony Weiner.
And why does Pat Sajack even have a job?

Last time I watched that he was a little bitter it seemed, like he's done with his job. And Vanna is so plasticized that she looks 25. I wonder if she peels off the mask backstage!

Brute 23":o53b2v89 said:
People like to blame FB or social media for things but they just amplify who the people really are. Same with money. It's not money's fault you have a drug habbit. FB does not make you a gossip... you were a gossip before.

If you are seeing other peoples' nonsense on social media it's because you have chosen to.

If they brag about their spouse they are cheating on them... if they act like they have money they are broke... if they preach about how Christian they are they will be the first one to stab you in the back.

if it were not for Facebook, I would not know who Kim Kardashian was. Now that I know, I don't like her. Now that she's committed crimes according to FB, I still don't like her.

So there you have it. Negative negatives.

We pay actors megabucks to pretend to be soldiers. Our real soldiers are starving.

Social media. People trying to be something they are not.

backhoeboogie":23z0uzcg said:
Brute 23":23z0uzcg said:

if it were not for Facebook, I would not know who Kim Kardashian was. Now that I know, I don't like her. Now that she's committed crimes according to FB, I still don't like her.

So there you have it. Negative negatives.

We pay actors megabucks to pretend to be soldiers. Our real soldiers are starving.

Social media. People trying to be something they are not.

All that was going on way before social media. Its all marketing and that has been amplified.

The great thing is that it is backfiring. There are studies showing the younger generations are becoming very any technology because they have been over loaded by it.

In my own family... if you sit down at a table or in a living room... more people 40+ will be on their phones then less than 40.

If the building catches fire please exit the building before posting it on social media.

I have a facebook account but I never post anything there. I just look to see what my two daughters who live a long ways away have posted.

Bestoutwest":1db41rl6 said:
ga.prime":1db41rl6 said:
john250":1db41rl6 said:
And you haven't even mentioned anthony Weiner.

Last time I watched that he was a little bitter it seemed, like he's done with his job. And Vanna is so plasticized that she looks 25. I wonder if she peels off the mask backstage!
Sajack is in no way interesting or amusing. Seems like Vanna did a Playboy pictorial in the 70's or could have been early 80's- Should do another and call it before and after.

Dave":3sthb1rn said:
If the building catches fire please exit the building before posting it on social media.

During that night club shooting in FL, people were posting on social media from inside the building, while the event was happening. The guy with the gun wasn't the only crazy one in the building. Call me crazy, but I'd be thinking about ways to get out, or take out the guy, or just stay alive, before I ever thought to pick up my phone for such stupidity as that, except to call 911.

ga.prime":30rlcj45 said:
Bestoutwest":30rlcj45 said:
ga.prime":30rlcj45 said:

Sajack is in no way interesting or amusing. Seems like Vanna did a Playboy pictorial in the 70's or could have been early 80's- Should do another and call it before and after.

I must say, in my area, "Wheel of Fortune" is "the show" among the older generation. I know older people who don't give a hoot about tv in general, but you better not disturb them while Wheel is on.

herofan":34l4icqf said:
I must say, in my area, "Wheel of Fortune" is "the show" among the older generation. I know older people who don't give a hoot about tv in general, but you better not disturb them while Wheel is on.

Who is it that watches Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Extra Extra, The View, TMZ, Inside Edition etc? How do these shows stay on the air? Somebody is watching.

How many pat on the backs do these hollywierd people give themselves? Oscars, Emmies, Academies, Golden Globes, People's Choice etc.

The Wheel is a good show. Its been on for a very long time, with good reason.

herofan":2cxo3i14 said:
I feel that way about Jeopardy which comes on right after Wheel on the channel I watch. So, I usually catch a little of Wheel. It just seems too gimmicky to me. Also Sajack's antics.

I remember when I was growing up in the 60's and early 70's my grandparents loved to watch Truth or Consequences with Bob Barker. It came on at 7:00 just like Wheel does now and they never missed it.

ga.prime":2v5435m0 said:

Yep, I agree! :banana:

Latest posts