McKinney, TX

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1abzm8k0 said:
Rationalizing the irrational behavior of what is supposed to a professional by comparing said behavior to that of non professionals is a non-starter for me. Once any officer of the law, a politician, a military service member, or any other public servant acts in the same manner as those they are supposed to be sorting out and controlling, they have crossed the line from being a "good guy" into becoming one of them. There's no doubt the "kids" (I generally refer to anyone under 21 as a kid) made very bad choices, but the officer did as well, and he was the only one of 12 responding officers that did. He was out of control of himself from the gitgo, and because he had absolutely no self control, was unable to control the situation he found himself in and began to act more like a cat herder than a law enforcement officer. The Chief of Police made the right call if he suggested to the officer that he retire--and he did it for the right reasons. "Texas Rambo" (term used by European news sources for this officer) had no self control. He and he alone was responsible for his actions and reactions. He, was supposed to be the adult---"They started it" ain't gonna fly anywhere.

Screw Europe and the UN the horse they rode in on and the yellow egg sucking dog that followed them.
They should have arrested the whole lot of them after the first order to leave.
If that had been white or mexican kids we would never know the event occurred.
If you are going to act like barbarians don't get upset at the treatment.

bball":3eb0143h said:
greybeard":3eb0143h said:
Rationalizing the irrational behavior of what is supposed to a professional by comparing said behavior to that of non professionals is a non-starter for me. Once any officer of the law, a politician, a military service member, or any other public servant acts in the same manner as those they are supposed to be sorting out and controlling, they have crossed the line from being a "good guy" into becoming one of them. There's no doubt the "kids" (I generally refer to anyone under 21 as a kid) made very bad choices, but the officer did as well, and he was the only one of 12 responding officers that did. He was out of control of himself from the gitgo, and because he had absolutely no self control, was unable to control the situation he found himself in and began to act more like a cat herder than a law enforcement officer. The Chief of Police made the right call if he suggested to the officer that he retire--and he did it for the right reasons. "Texas Rambo" (term used by European news sources for this officer) had no self control. He and he alone was responsible for his actions and reactions. He, was supposed to be the adult---"They started it" ain't gonna fly anywhere.

How did he not have control of the situation? Everyone he wanted sitting in the grass, was in fact sitting. He had a group of mouthy girls standing there shooting off at the mouth, he dispersed that group. The final girl refused to leave well enough alone and kept pushing and also ended up in the grass. Seems like he was in control of the situation. Maybe its perspective. He wasnt the only cop running around in the video btw. And i could persoanlly give 2 shyts what anyone in Europe thinks of our country, they sure love to judge the USA. He lacked control of his mouth for certain,but total self control? i didnt see it lacking. He did sort the kids out and he did control them, perhaps too much for your liking. Guess that makes him just like those he was controlling, a human being. Easy to judge from the safety of our monitors or laptops,etc.

You must have watched completely different videos that I did. He had such poor control of the situation he felt he had to resort to pulling his service weapon to try to gain some sembelence of control-the only officer that did.

Within his rights to forcefully restrain her? I didn't dispute that, but I do find it interesting that you refer to her 1st amendment rights as being 'mouthy'. She has every right to say anything she wants to--when she wants to, just as you and I do, and there's not a court or judge in the land that will dispute that. If you are in favor of throwing out the constitution, well, there's not much I can say about that. He certainly exercised his own 1st amendment rights that day. The juvenile got thrown to the ground for her efforts and he lost his job for his. Some people are so preoccupied with whether the "can" do and say things, they never stop to consider whether they should do or say them.
Pretty simple. Chief answers to mayor, city council, etc
I sure hope that "etc' means the people of McKinney.

If you are going to act like barbarians don't get upset at the treatment
That's good advice as well for the former McKinney police officer. I wonder if he learned anything from his actions?

Looked like he drew a tazer to me, after he took her down and multiple others descended on him and the other officers assisted. Freedom of speech? Could just as easily be called obstruction of justice, under the circumstance. Perhaps we did watch two different videos. Fine line between freedom of speech and obstruction, especially after being given ample opportunity to disengage from the incident. He controlled the situation, you may not like or agree with how he did it, but he did control it.

So just exactly what did he do wrong GB? If you dont take issue with the restraint? His language? He ran around? The fact he didn't permit a group to stand there and berate him or stir the masses while attempting to perform his duties and provide public safety? None of those would be offenses worthy of termination or "resignation", suspension possibly.

And she can't say or do whatever she pleases in the midst of a crime investigation. That's like saying you can walk through a crime scene and say and do as you please. That's not true and no court in the land would say that it is. These people were not there peacefully assembled. The law was called due to fighting, trespass, vandalism. Saying someone is mouthy? Just the facts. Not just mouthy, deliberately refusing to obey instruction from a LE officer several times. I'm all for the Bill of Rights. The BOR do not permit such people to behave in such an unsafe and destructive fashion.

Red Bull Breeder":tcmxt2d0 said:
His boss was likely one of them bleeding heart liberals Rick Perry has been importing for you Texans.

That chief had only been in his position for 3 to 4 weeks and was an outside hire from another DFW department. His back was to a wall. MPD officers have now seen the type of chief they have.

slick4591":oixj4ojq said:
Local news guy gives a good commentary.
"wait for the whole truth to go viral"
That, is part of the problem and part of what has led to distrust.
Very very rarely are "the whole truths" of any internal investigations made public. Only the outcome or 'determination', and in many cases, the "whole truth" has to be ferreted out months after the conclusion of the investigation and even then, only by use of freedom of information requests and a judge's court order.

Once you slow the video down and capture some frames you can get a good idea why his weapon was drawn. This is something that is not seen in the video if you are not looking for it. Those two guys rush in and the one in front stops short. The other bumps into the lead guys and pushes him closer to the officer while he's reaching around with his left hand to his waist band. All the officer would have seen from his angle is a guy rushing in while reaching behind him.

greybeard":2v151omp said:
TexasBred":2v151omp said:
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/06/08/the-full-story-of-the-mckinney-texas-pool-mob-inside-the-craig-ranch-subdivision/#more-101972

So that explains 'why' the officers were there, explains what this "Tatiana" person and her mother were doing on the public area, what the free loaders were doing in the pool area, and removes cause for the racism charge. It does not explain or excuse the officer's unprofessional conduct, loss of self control, his swearing at juveniles, his whining about about having to carry "30 lbs of gear" or his loss of control of the situation.[/quote]

One out of a dozen messed up. That doesn't justify all the BS going on with the black activist. Even the black residents say all of this publicity, marching and protesting is not justified.

greybeard":29ksp1sb said:
11 professionals and one out of control maniac.
Kudus to the 11 professionals!!!
Goodbye and good riddance maniac.

Just seems a bit strange that last year he was the policeman of the year in the community and last weekend came unwound. I think he should have resigned too but it's obvious the police chief, mayor and every other official in the town are busting their a$$ to avoid any confrontation.....all at the expense of the remaining policemen and the residents of the town.

Just a prime example of the entitlement attitude of I can do what I want when I want on whomever I want .
The part they seem to forget is other people have rights as well to defend and protect their property as well.
If the trespassers had left when the LEO had instructed them issue resolved.
No different from the one I put in jail a week ago Monday.
He had been told to stay off the property .
If you want to peaceful assemble and protest I will defend that right if you want to assemble
to cause mayhem and riot they should sweep the street with double aught.
This is a two way street the treating it one way is going to blow up as many are getting fed up.

Caustic Burno":24gsiovf said:
Just a prime example of the entitlement attitude of I can do what I want when I want on whomever I want .
The part they seem to forget is other people have rights as well to defend and protect their property as well.
If the trespassers had left when the LEO had instructed them issue resolved.
No different from the one I put in jail a week ago Monday.
He had been told to stay off the property .
If you want to peaceful assemble and protest I will defend that right if you want to assemble
to cause mayhem and riot they should sweep the street with double aught.
This is a two way street the treating it one way is going to blow up as many are getting fed up.

Good post.

Goes back to the old saying, "if you can't feed them don't breed them".

greybeard":5cxsonfq said:
Within his rights to forcefully restrain her? I didn't dispute that, but I do find it interesting that you refer to her 1st amendment rights as being 'mouthy'. She has every right to say anything she wants to--when she wants to, just as you and I do, and there's not a court or judge in the land that will dispute that.

GB I always find it almost laughable that you guys throw out the right to free speech but stop just short of the part about this freedom comes with certain responsibilities...... being responsible for what you say as well as any consequences that might result from said speech. Or do you simply not agree with that part??

skyhightree1":260vyy02 said:
bball if you think that was a taser I suggest you get Obama to buy you a pair of specs.

Thanks for the advice, but I can buy my own if it comes to it. I will go back and rewatch it.

My view is probably tainted and I can live with that. Helped with a church deal of some inner city kids last week.

I knew it was going to be interesting when we had a little 11 year old boy singing this song: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lypj5YO-Irc up and down the hall.

It was like hearding kittens. Think they assumed the first 3 times you told them something, it was just for your own practice of when you really were going to mean it.

Had boys trying to cross an isle to fight with girls, and girls continuing to taunt them. By the end of the night I want to throw a few to the ground, out of love of course. My wife and I had 7 boys to interact with, wasn't so bad when alone but they gave us a 3rd volunteer because we weren't enough in a bigger group setting. Could have used 2 more. We have a crisis coming. To many kids need direction that they just aren't getting.

It used to be that when a cop showed up at something like that, he didn't have to say to leave. Someone yelled cops and kids looked like a covey of quail. And it didn't take backup to get the place cleared.

I also can't stand the word teen being used for its purpose of imparting innocence. These boys are also teens, but theyre not innocent. www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Arre ... 49631.html

They are just as deadly with a gun as a 45 year old. I don't fault the cop for pulling his gun at a perceived threat. He looked unorganized, but so was I last week. Took me forever to get some semblence of order. I didn't cuss, but I can see how someone would get the urge. Especially with drunk\high young people.

Im betting most of us would have been fed up. I don't think he had malice intent, as his conversation with the boys seemed appropriate.

But Im withhold having a firm opinion not knowing all the proceeding events. I've seen plenty of situations where an officer with an attitude generated more problems and disturbance than necessary. Just not convinced that is the case here.

Latest posts