McDonald's good news - bad news

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
McDonald's has scrapped plans for Plant Based burgers after test market trials in Canada.

Fast food industry speculation is McDonald's is planning to hit the market in a big way
by rolling out a new line of chicken sandwiches before the start of 2021.

Don't know if I can handle another Chicken sandwich. I bet those chicken farmers get nothing for their chickens.

Glad they are sticking with beef hamburgers. I know they are just trying to keep up with the market with new offerings, but it Seems like McDonald's tries to add some new kind of burger or sandwich all the time, and they almost always wind up being short lived and they go back to their main staples that sell - Big Macs, quarter pounders, chicken nuggets, and plain ol chicken or fish sandwiches.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I hope they can come up with a good chicken sandwich.

Plenty of other places that do a good chicken sandwich... doubt McD's can come up with a better one. Cheaper maybe but better? ?? I'll stick with breakfast menu. :2cents:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:
How much of US McD's beef is imported?

https://www.mashed.com/169000/the-truth-about-mcdonalds-meat/

Looks like some of it is imported but the countries from which it comes are our friends.
McDonalds has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America.

According to McDonald's, it cannot satisfy its need for lean beef by buying solely from American sources and has to turn to beef exporters outside the USA to make up the shortfall. It's not a question of there not being enough beef in the USA; it's a matter of the beef available for sale not meeting McDonald's standards for leanness. American beef cattle are primarily grain-fed and produce fattier meat, while grass-fed cattle produce leaner beef. Yes, the imported beef is 8 to 15 cents per pound cheaper than U.S.-produced lean beef.

HDRider said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:
How much of US McD's beef is imported?

https://www.mashed.com/169000/the-truth-about-mcdonalds-meat/

Looks like some of it is imported but the countries from which it comes are our friends.
McDonalds has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America.

According to McDonald's, it cannot satisfy its need for lean beef by buying solely from American sources and has to turn to beef exporters outside the USA to make up the shortfall. It's not a question of there not being enough beef in the USA; it's a matter of the beef available for sale not meeting McDonald's standards for leanness. American beef cattle are primarily grain-fed and produce fattier meat, while grass-fed cattle produce leaner beef. Yes, the imported beef is 8 to 15 cents per pound cheaper than U.S.-produced lean beef.

So we need more skinny cows.

I pretty much gave up on McDonald's a while back. They are not good, fast, or cheap. It is bad food that takes a while and cost enough that for the same money I can go buy good food.

Dave said:
I pretty much gave up on McDonald's a while back. They are not good, fast, or cheap. It is bad food that takes a while and cost enough that for the same money I can go buy good food.

It's a wonder they stay in business let alone are a world leader in the food services industry.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Dave said:

It's a wonder they stay in business let alone are a world leader in the food services industry.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wares-the-beef/

jltrent said:
Don't know if I can handle another Chicken sandwich. I bet those chicken farmers get nothing for their chickens.

You are right they don't. All they do is act a care-tkaers for the birds. The company brings the birds, the company requires them to use the feed provied by the company for the bird, and the company tells them the price. The farmer just hits a button and feeds and waters the birds and the farme picks up and logs the number of dead birds every day. The contracts are about 30 pages long and the farmer might get a few cents per bird that survives. There are normally about 30,000 birds per house.

Dave said:

I found if I want a good meal quick, I'll go to a vietnamese noodle house.. some of them are SUPER fast and I like that soup.. topped with beef of course

76 Bar said:
I've never eaten at a fast food joint...what am I missing?

Some will say "not much".

The real secret to the success to fast food and chain restaurants is consistency. You can eat at a Wendy's in New York and rest assured it will be the same as the one in Oregon. Local joints are better but you don't know what to expect if you're just traveling through.

Latest posts