Makin the call

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Ruthie is very sick. She's a 12 year old 17lb house cat,very shy. This has been very sudden,she isn't eating or drinking-I've been forcing Pedelite cut with water down her,but she doesn't want it-not fighting me,just passive resistant.
I didn't notice she was ill,until she was critical,as I've never seen her eat,drink or use the litter box. as I said,she is very shy,even tho she's been raised in the house since 8 weeks.. Anyhow,I've got to find a Vet who will make a house call,as I've got no way in HE77 to get to their office.. Power chairs and hiways do not mix and the bus doesn't go there.

See if there is a LA vet that works with a SA clinic. The LA vets are usually more prepared to make farm calls then SA vets.

Gosh, peg, sorry to hear this. I think dun's suggestion is good. Our LA vets are usually very willing to help out someone with a small animal. Hope this will work for you.

My regular Vet is going to pick her up.. Soon,I hope..
I'm located in a small town in Texas,where those awful wildfires were last month.
Wish I could post pictures,unbelievable there were only 2 people killed and so many animals got out.
Anyhow,they're going to run some tests,mostly to ease my mind,then see what to do..

Well -- all her tests are normal (sorta) considering the amount of dehydration,so the Vet is puzzled.
Gonna put her on an IV and keep her overnight. Gonna be a dammed expensive cat,but she's family.

Good luck Peg , I hope your vet can find out what is wrong with Ruthie and get her back to health . Keep us updated please .

They couldn't get an IV started,even using the cathaters for baby Chawawas,so they pumped her full of fluid sub-q,got enough fluid in her so they got the iv started this morning,, and she ate a bit of baby food and kept it down.. Still no reason for her being in this shape..

Well,Ruthie died.. Mostly of being 12/13.. At least I know everything resonable was done.. She never was hungry or thirsty a day in her life,had a soft bed and a sunny patch to lie in,petting when she wanted it and a bed to hide under when she didn't.. Thanks to the Vet,he was very kind to her and me..

Oh Peg, I am so very sorry . I know how much you loved her and how well you have cared for her ; she was lucky to have you in her life. I remember you posting a while back how your kitties were so very snugly and patient when you were going through treatment, like they knew you were not feeling well. My deepest condolences . :heart:

You'll never forget her, but in years to come you'll remember the best of the good times and the bad times will be less frequently thought of. But you will never forget her.

She was a funny type of cat,very shy,hid all the time,but when I was soo sick from the chemo she would sit beside me and purr and snuggle close and let me pet her even tho she'd flinch and duck the first time I'd touch her.. Got her at 8 weeks,that's just the way she was..

Latest posts