maine anjou french style

Help Support CattleToday:

WoW! Muscle like that would be great. But I think calving season might be a nightmare.

S.R.R.":39ew43y2 said:
WoW! Muscle like that would be great. But I think calving season might be a nightmare.

Calves are not born with this much muscle. :lol: :lol:

MikeC":387gzgbu said:
S.R.R.":387gzgbu said:

Any idea what wt. they are born at?

Calving problems or not, these animals could certainly put some flesh back on the FRAMEY rails they have here. Not that they'd have an animal worth looking at even then. :p

MikeC":2891zgi0 said:
S.R.R.":2891zgi0 said:

MikeC- EVERY Biological creature (Mammal, Bird, Reptile, Insect, - Man or Beast!) is born with EVERY muscle "fiber and fasciculus" that they will EVER have. How those fibers are acquired is determined by genetic inheritance factors from their ancestors. How those fibers are developed and matured is determined by feed, management, exercise, and training. How the Beef Producer improves his BU$INE$$ and seedstock is determined by knowledge, judgement, resolution, experience, and persistance.

It doesn't "JUST HAPPEN"!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":28snf6g0 said:
MikeC":28snf6g0 said:
S.R.R.":28snf6g0 said:

MikeC- EVERY Biological creature (Mammal, Bird, Reptile, Insect, - Man or Beast!) is born with EVERY muscle "fiber and fisciculus" that they will EVER have. How those fibers are acquired is determined by genetic inheritance factors from their ancestors. How those fibers are developed and matured is determined by feed, management, exercise, and training. How the Beef Producer improves his BU$INE$$ and seedstock is determined by knowledge, judgement, resolution, experience, and persistance.

It doesn't "JUST HAPPEN"!

DOC HARRIS

Relax Doc. A figure of speech. If you'll read my post again it said ,"this MUCH muscle". Not........as many muscles.

MikeC- you are right! My dear wife fell the day before Easter and broke her right hip and I guess my mind was elsewhere! :shock:

Sorry about that! ;-)

DOC HARRIS

I looked at some of the pictures on that site- i think those are some of the most unattractive cows I've seen. I don't care for the way their under-line (is that a word? maybe it's undercarraige ? ) rises up under their abdomens.
They do have big muscles though.
But thanks for the link, very interesting.
Susie

la4angus":3ud5ac3m said:
IMO They are not worth looking at or talking about.

Boy, do I feel stupid. LOL Thankfully, I'm still a newbie... so maybe admitting to being impressed will be overlooked?? ;-)

This is a pic of one of my girls. Coloration is somewhat similar to the Maines on the web site, but she doesn't have near the butt. My girl also doesn't have any Maine in her... anyone care to guess what breeds she does have behind her?

Annabelle-May06.JPG

P1010472.JPG

My girl also doesn't have any Maine in her... anyone care to guess what breeds she does have behind her?
If not MA - I would guess Simmental X Hereford or Simmental X Red Angus or Red Poll.

DOC HARRIS

P.S. Upon taking another long look at this cow - I would say she has some Brahman breeding. How about - Simmental X Santa Gertrudis , or Simm X Beefmaster?

DOC

My girl also doesn't have any Maine in her... anyone care to guess what breeds she does have behind her?

Nice looking girl. I would guess Shorthorn X Simm

TheBullLady":36p7o4nj said:
And check out that BUTT! All the Maine's you see now (primarily in the show ring) are flat butted.

Now thats a new one... either you show angus or you show belgian blues... I personally invite you to our ranch to come see 100 maine cows that have anything but flat butts. Not sure what shows you're going to but if its winning it has muscle and a caboose to back it up.

Latest posts