mahindra tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

rc, search this forum and you will find more opinions on tractors than hairs on a cows tail.

Right you are. All sorts of opinions on there. anyway I bought one and so far so good. Thanks

rc":huia38pc said:
Right you are. All sorts of opinions on there. anyway I bought one and so far so good. Thanks

I certainly wish you luck. Will it be used for real work or just moving a bale or mowing? Let us know what you think when you get about 1000 hours on it.

I will use it for mowing, raking and baling hay along with moving bales and bush hogging. I got the 6000 diesel with a front bucket. Honestly the price and all is why I went with it along with talking to a few friends who have them. I have a ford gas burning 5000 that I posted about earlier with carb trouble. I am putting a new carb on it and probably will keep it to rake with. I guess the convienence of the Mahindra's price, financing and frustration of being without a tractor, which I need daily, all contributed to the sale. So far I like it a lot. I hope I don't get my hand burned but it sure wouldn't be the first time. I'll keep you posted.

RC, please do update us on the performance and reliability your tractor. Be nice to have some first hand feedback.

My neighbor has the same tractor he can only pull his 4x4 Claas baler in the low ranges same as cutting with 8 foot Kuhn cutter. In my opinion the 5000 Ford is a stronger tractor. His tractor is one year old he cant sell it because he says he will take to much of a loss.

wbrowning":199z06g5 said:
My neighbor has the same tractor he can only pull his 4x4 Claas baler in the low ranges same as cutting with 8 foot Kuhn cutter. In my opinion the 5000 Ford is a stronger tractor. His tractor is one year old he cant sell it because he says he will take to much of a loss.
The Ford 5000 is a bigger tractor than the 6000 Mahindra. The Ford 5000 has 69 engine HP and most Ford 5000's have 58 PTO HP because the dealer turned the fuel up. If you want to compare apples with apples then a 6520 or a 6500 Mahindra is a closer match but still a little smaller engine in the Mahindra.
I don't own a Mahindra or sell them. Mahindra has 1/3 of the utility size tractor (35-70hp) market in the USA. It seems that many people think that Mahindra's are a good value. Your friend might need to have the dealer look at his tractor because we have customers with that tractor using Vermeer 5x4 balers and baling in 6th gear on an 8 speed transmission and we are in the mountains.

Angus/Brangus":2wl44u32 said:
If the PTO hp were there and if I knew the tractor was reliable, I might consider one. I just don't think there is enough of a local track record yet to know for sure. I understand they have a good share of the utility market but the utility market can go the way of "cheap" sometimes and cheap could cost you money down the road. Kubota was doubtful too for a while. I run mine very hard and it has performed well and it has always been reliable. It came with a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and now 4 years into it and no problems. What does MAhindra offer for a warranty and what is their service like?

I'm goin to look at a Kubota Tractor. I've heard a lot of good things about them. However everytime I buy foreign made goods I feel like I stabbed my best friend in the heart.
I always try to buy American.

US%20Flag.gif

I see now that they are starting to sell these tractors in Canada..Be real interested to see how they stand up..

I have a 7010 and it sucks. I have 350 hours on it and it has been in the shop more than the field. Right now they are repairing the front axle. It is 4WD and the thing shaft snapped in 2. Also when in low range it pops out of gear with a load going down hill. Very dangerous. Also trying to fix. Front end ball joints gone twice. Broke hydraulic fittings at power steering twice.
I found out that Mahindra does not build the cab tractors, they are built by TYM out of S Korea. This is also the exact same as the Montana Cab. Difference is Montana has Deere motor and Mahindra has there own engine.
I purchased a Mahinra because I talked to people who owned real Mahinras and they loved em. Also they got the Demrey award a couple years back (an international award for Quality). I thought they must be good. Turns out the only thing I got that was a Mahindra was the Motor. RIPOFF.
They have crappy resale, so if I trade it for a Quality tractor I will take it in the shorts.
Warranty on drive train is 3 yrs so I might keep it till then. :(

Jonbquick
I do not know if this stills applies or not but I remember reading in a farm magazine about 15 years ago the only tractors made in the US were the ones over 100 horsepower all others were made overseas no matter whose name was on it so you think you are buying an American made product but all you are buying is the name. Maybe some one else on this board will be more knowledgeable as to if I am right or wrong

Last summer i was tractor shopping and looked at the Mahindra, Branson an Kubota. There was just something about them that gave me cold feet.
Later i found a 1989 Ford 4610 with a 5610 engine an a 7209 ford fel at a good price.
I guess i,d rather buy a good used tractor with a good track record than a new one that i know little about.

I've still gotta put some miles on the Mahindra to know if I done good by getting it or not, but...I looked at some green and yellow tractors in the same hp range and was not impressed at all. There is nowhere near the steel on those as the Mahindra. Assuming it'll hold up I think it's the better deal. Did someone say any thing under 100 hp in the green is not really JD?

One thing you might also try on the 5000 is to put in elec. ignition(replaces points). It is the cause of a lot of engine foul running.

As I've said before, my opinion is that anyone buying a Mahindra or Kubota without at least looking at a Farmtrac is making a mistake.

I won't say a Farmtrac is the better buy for everyone, but on a cost/value basis it certainly compares. The Farmtrac's come out of the same factory in India that use to produce Ford tractors just before the purchase of Ford by New Holland.

I've got a Farmtrac 675 with the Perkins diesel engine (65 PTO HP). It is a heavier tractor then equivalent models by Case, John Deere, Mahindra, or Kubota (my tractor outweighs a Kubota 7040 by over 1,300 lbs!) with a higher lift capacity of any of those tractors as well. Duel Remotes with a 12F/12R transmission standard. I've been quite pleased.

http://www.farmtrac.com

Angus/Brangus":1k09sxdm said:
If you could find one!

Not many dealers - - -service could be a problem unless you just happen to have a dealer/shop near by.

There is one in Sealy not to far from you, straight up 36 north.

Latest posts