Mahindra Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

I looked feverishly at three manufacturers of tractors under 50 hp and ended up buying the Mahindra. The John Deere and Kabota were a very nice tractor but three things about both of them steered me away. First was the weight, both had to have the tires cal/h2o filled to get any wieght to them. The drive trains were cast alluminum. On the Mahindra, the entire drive train is cast steel. Second thing was the diesel engine, the Mahindra diesel engine is manufactured by Mitsubishi. Third is price, I saved 5K in comparison to the Deere/Kabota with 3 year 0% financing and two year unlimited (100hour) warranty. It seems like a very reliable, well built unit that will be perfect for what I need. Resale for me is not an issue. The tractor came with a rear remote, front end loader, and a 6' tiltable rear blade all free of charge. With the 5K in savings I purchased a 22 ton 3 point hitch wood splitter and a post pounder. Another seller for me was the dealer has a promo "free oil changes" as long as you own it. The have a mobile service truck that comes out to your property to do all the work. The other brands "sales guys" wouldnt throw in as much as a key chain.

Cheers,

I ended up buying a New Holland tractor last spring. One of the problems I had with Deere, Kubota, and Mahindra was the salesmen wouldn't even return my calls. I even walked into their showrooms, sat at their desks and told them I was going to be buying a tractor within the next two weeks and they still weren't very interested in selling my anything. They must be making too much money when they aren't interested in selling a tractor to a guy who is standing there waving money at them.
Dave

With the attitude of the sales force, how would you like to trust service to that organization?

dun

wbrowning wrote:
In my opinion they will not stand up to a Deere A Deere has a 7% torque curve figured in to there engines

What the sam hill is a 7% torque curve???

Dick

Dave":bbhyamw4 said:
One of the problems I had with Deere, Kubota, and Mahindra was the salesmen wouldn't even return my calls. I even walked into their showrooms, sat at their desks and told them I was going to be buying a tractor within the next two weeks and they still weren't very interested in selling my anything. They must be making too much money when they aren't interested in selling a tractor to a guy who is standing there waving money at them.
Dave

dun":bbhyamw4 said:
With the attitude of the sales force, how would you like to trust service to that organization?

dun

Never saw a salesman who wasn't motivated by $ I wouldn't know how to act. Guess I might go and buy a Mahindra. :lol:

But, seriously, I'll be interested how you feel in 1000 hrs.

I still say Farmtrac is one of the best values out there in the utility tractor market...

I bought the 65 PTO HP model 675 3 years ago for $18,000 brand new. Heavier weight then most offerings in that power range. UK built Perkins 4 Cylinder engine. 12F/12R standard transmission. Built in India in the same factory that made Ford 3000 models and derivatives for nearly 3 decades.

20% down, 0% financing for 48 months.

I've got about 200 hours on mine and have been very pleased.

http://www.farmtrac.com/

I was told that Mahindra's are International. Personal Opinion... GO with Kubota M series, or any Deere, IF key word IF you can afford one. I looked at a 70Hp Deere w/loader and it was so terribly high I couldn't believe it. I lean much more toward a 90HP M series Kubota, for the same price or less probably.
As for the Cattle I am all about Santa's!

I will also add that for us, "turkey farming" You need to add the front Grill cover screen Kit that is now available for most tractors, "less buildup, tractor stays cooler."

Consider that in the 35 -70 HP range of utility tractors Mahindra has 1/3 of the US market share. Mahindra sells just over 100,000 tractors a year. worldwide. The old IH 444 style Mahindra's are gone. You have tractors engineered from the ground up. They are heavy built to handle heavy loads safely.

Latest posts