Mad Cow Disease Found In Canadian Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Date: May 3, 2007

Science Daily — The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has confirmed the diagnosis of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in a mature dairy cow from British Columbia. The animal's carcass is under CFIA control, and no part of it entered the human food or animal feed systems.
Preliminary information indicates that the age of the animal (66 months) falls well within the age range of previous cases detected in Canada and is consistent with the recognized average incubation period of the disease. This signifies that the animal was exposed to a very small amount of infective material, most likely during its first year of life.
An epidemiological investigation directed by international guidelines is underway to identify the animal's herdmates at the time of birth and the pathways by which it might have become infected. All findings will be publicly released once the investigation concludes.

Sir Loin":1a9ymdfj said:

Science Daily — The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has confirmed the diagnosis of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in a mature dairy cow from British Columbia. The animal's carcass is under CFIA control, and no part of it entered the human food or animal feed systems.
Preliminary information indicates that the age of the animal (66 months) falls well within the age range of previous cases detected in Canada and is consistent with the recognized average incubation period of the disease. This signifies that the animal was exposed to a very small amount of infective material, most likely during its first year of life.
An epidemiological investigation directed by international guidelines is underway to identify the animal's herdmates at the time of birth and the pathways by which it might have become infected. All findings will be publicly released once the investigation concludes.

And why would we need to track the animals history???? Sorry, Mr. Loin, just being a little obtuse. I remember a very lively discussion here a couple of months ago about why folks were opposed to tracking their animals.

Boy, I sure wish I could figure out how to cut out a part of your text and just reply to it. I see it done all the time but don't know how to do it. Maybe I'm computer challanged.

They said we would find more when we upped the testing and I am glad we are.Good for Canada keep that testing coming.I love that the animals are found on the farms and not after they have been slaughtered and sold for consumption.Tracing back the animals origins and progeny/pedigree will not be a problem because of the tagging and record system Canada has especially Holstein Canada they are tops for record keeping.And it is not surprising that it is found after the so called feed ban look at all the infected/tainted feed that has come from across the border containing blood and bone meal in the last year alone.The new feed ban implements should eradicate this problem hopefully.

Edit this> should have said contaminated feed

Earl Thigpen":3q0va0x1 said:
Sir Loin":3q0va0x1 said:

Science Daily — The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has confirmed the diagnosis of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) in a mature dairy cow from British Columbia. .

Boy, I sure wish I could figure out how to cut out a part of your text and just reply to it. I see it done all the time but don't know how to do it.

All you have to do is highlight the area you DO NOT want to keep - hit the delete button and you are there.

Bez>

All you have to do is highlight the area you DO NOT want to keep - hit the delete button and you are there.

Bez>[/quote]

Thanks, Bez and the other kind person who responded yesterday by PM. Here's a try at it.

Well, it didn't seem to work (edited)

Earl,
To copy.
Put your cursor in front of what you want to copy.
Press your left mouse button down, anf hold it down.
While holding your left mouse button down drag it to the other end of what you want to quote and release. This should highlight (change the color of) what you want to quote.
Then press and release your right mouse button. You should now see a popup window. Select "copy" and click on it with your left mouse button.

To paste.
Click your right mouse button where you want to paste what you have copied, again you should have a popup window, left click on paste.
Now put the quote commands in front and back of it.
Try again.
SL

Latest posts