Mad cow diease

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Will Mad cow diease have any effect on showing cattle. (like shows being canceled)

> Will Mad cow diease have any
> effect on showing cattle. (like
> shows being canceled) NO It should not have any effect.

my husband and myself show beef cattle.we take this very seriously.how can you be so sure that mad cow disease won't have an affect on showing cattle? people who aren't familiar with this disease aren't going to want anything to do with any type of cattle.If they see a cow they are going to be so scared that they are going to catch it. I guess my point is, in our case we show statewide in different fairs,people aren't going to want to come any where near the animals.To me that is going to have a major affect on cattle showing.

It's up to the beef industry (including you) to educate people about BSE. It's not transmissable between live cattle or cattle and humans. The public has been told that over and over on the news. I doubt that most people will be frightened to be around cattle. You need to go to the <A HREF="http://www.bseinfo.org" TARGET="_blank">www.bseinfo.org</A> site and read up on BSE. IMO, it's your responsibility (as well as mine) to be informed on this problem.

> my husband and myself show beef
> cattle.we take this very
> seriously.how can you be so sure
> that mad cow disease won't have an
> affect on showing cattle? people
> who aren't familiar with this
> disease aren't going to want
> anything to do with any type of
> cattle.If they see a cow they are
> going to be so scared that they
> are going to catch it. I guess my
> point is, in our case we show