LSU v ATM

Help Support CattleToday:

Ha ha Maybe it will turn out like Tech West Virginia?!?
I heard WV was so aragont in Lubbock
They didn't shake at coin toss! ;(.

Kingfisher":rqypty15 said:
Sounds more like something Texas would do...or not do. They may get to eat some more humble pie tonight as well......LSU winning right now....good game tho.

TexasBred":nrlz3mcn said:
Kingfisher":nrlz3mcn said:
Sounds more like something Texas would do...or not do. They may get to eat some more humble pie tonight as well......LSU winning right now....good game tho.

UT? I doubt that............Texas Tech........I don't know but I suspect Mr Tuberville has more class than that.

The attitude of many of the students is a big turn off. I have a TT sticker on one of our trucks and travel to the College Station / Bryan area fairly frequently. During the school year during every trip I get the finger multiple times, and get rude comments while at stop lights. I go to other college towns and do not get such a reception.

A friend took his daughter to a judging camp one summer. He wore a burnt orange shirt.(He is actually a LSU graduate). He was hazed and made to feel very unwelcome. The A&M people said that they were joking, but it reached a point that he left because he felt so uncomfortable.

At our fair, a person who did not have the authority allowed the A&M Livestock Judging team to come and practice on the animals there. The A&M people were extremely rude to the exhibitors, took their animals without asking permission. A girl was very upset that they took her pig. The pig was upset and they would not let her get to her hog to calm it down. They treated it roughly and bruised it.

A&M is not the school that it used to be. Saying that I have young adult friends who love the school and so do their parents. If they are happy with it, that is fine with me. I will not discourage anyone from going to a college they want to go to.

chippie":190zte98 said:
The attitude of many of the students is a big turn off. I have a TT sticker on one of our trucks and travel to the College Station / Bryan area fairly frequently. During the school year during every trip I get the finger multiple times, and get rude comments while at stop lights. I go to other college towns and do not get such a reception.

A friend took his daughter to a judging camp one summer. He wore a burnt orange shirt.(He is actually a LSU graduate). He was hazed and made to feel very unwelcome. The A&M people said that they were joking, but it reached a point that he left because he felt so uncomfortable.

At our fair, a person who did not have the authority allowed the A&M Livestock Judging team to come and practice on the animals there. The A&M people were extremely rude to the exhibitors, took their animals without asking permission. A girl was very upset that they took her pig. The pig was upset and they would not let her get to her hog to calm it down. They treated it roughly and bruised it.

A&M is not the school that it used to be. Saying that I have young adult friends who love the school and so do their parents. If they are happy with it, that is fine with me. I will not discourage anyone from going to a college they want to go to.

Ahhhhhhhh.... Welcome to college??

chippie":3ew2oquk said:

Funny how these things work. I have a real low opinion of TT, because they hired Bob Knight. He is a world champion azz, and he wasn't even a winner when they hired him. For a couple years, his many backers around here bought up the TT caps and shirts. Most of those are buried deep in closets today.

Sorry for your bad experiences with the Aggies Chippie....burnt orange anywhere around College Station is bound to get you a one finger salute or two as well as the TT tag.....I've had a few given to me in just about every college community I visit but I understand how it is....all students love their respective schools. As far as the ag shows etc. I have no idea what goes on....if the Ags were out of line someone should have put them back in their place. I'm sure it's much different than when I was down there but there are over 50,000 student now and only about 7500 when I was there and half those were either in mandatory ROTC or had been for two years and were totally different from the "non regs" we see these days. Hope it gets better. ;-)

No one is happier to see A&M lose than me, but being a UT family and raising cattle closer to A&M, I have received nothing but help and open arms from them. I don't mind the one finger gesture, I am just glad they have a passion for something other than drugs and computer games.

papavillars":1ni6u4u1 said:
No one is happier to see A&M lose than me, but being a UT family and raising cattle closer to A&M, I have received nothing but help and open arms from them. I don't mind the one finger gesture, I am just glad they have a passion for something other than drugs and computer games.

The nasty words that go with the gesture is what gets to me. The attitude of the student body has really changed over the years. The "it's owed to me" generation is there now. The video games and drugs are there too. They are everywhere.

The Livestock coach was with the students. It was a horrible situation. Because of their actions, all college livestock judging teams are no longer welcome to practice at our fair.

papavillars":1y0yxj5h said:
Papa I was told that they were working on a "Burnt Orange" Blue Bonnett....already got a Maroon one. :lol: :lol2: :lol: (Would those qualify for GMO??)

papavillars":3f4ljuss said:
I would rather have a "burnt orange" Reville! Lol

Dang...now that you mention it, Reville does have a touch of burnt orange. Don't tell the Aggies, they think she's maroon.

Latest posts