LSU Football

Help Support CattleToday:

bball":24acqdv0 said:
greybeard":24acqdv0 said:
bball":24acqdv0 said:
Has LSU lost their minds? Are they seriously considering dumping the mad hatter? You have to be insane. You don't drop Les unless you have Nick (who I used to believe had a pact with the devil, but am now thoroughly convinced is the devil) or Urban lined up, ready to fill the void. Jimbo Fisher??? Don't see you gaining a better coach if you pull him from FSU (which if he left FSU, would have to make you question his intelligence). Chip Kelly??again, not gaining anything over what you have in Miles.
LSU should hire Bill O'Brien--please!!

If they cut Les loose, that would be a karma hire indeed!

And a stupid "fire".

Don't get upset because Arkansas beat you. Next year is coming and as inconsistent as we are who knows who will win

rnh2":1appcg8j said:
Don't get upset because Arkansas beat you. Next year is coming and as inconsistent as we are who knows who will win
I believe the players are starting to buy into Bielem's program. I am not sure anyone wants to play them right now. He has the "tractor size" linemen he wanted and they will knock you off the ball.
I think they may be over the hump now and will come out swinging next year and be much more consistent.

Brett Belema and Less Miles are both old school coaches who want to dominate the line of scrimmage and run the ball. The difference is that Arkansas was able to throw the ball when they needed to. LSU looked like they had not practiced a passing play since spring practice.

I am still chuckling at Jim McElwain calling out his players lack of motivation and comparing them to dead fish on ice.

The AD just said Miles is coming back. I think if they can get improved QB play to complement Fournette, they'll be in the national title hunt again next year. The players really seemed to rally behind him during and after the game tonight from the little bit I saw.

A.J.":1r7la8yj said:
The AD just said Miles is coming back. I think if they can get improved QB play to complement Fournette, they'll be in the national title hunt again next year. The players really seemed to rally behind him during and after the game tonight from the little bit I saw.

Yes, and Jimbo saying he is not leaving FSU sure makes it easy for the AD to hang on to Les. This whole scenario makes LSU look very small and petty. I'm happy for Les though. He genuinely seemed like he wants to stay. Very impressive ovation when he came out onto the field last night. The guy is arguably the best recruiter of talent in college football. Also agree, a serviceable qb would help LSU tremendously.

LSU sure let Les twirl in the wind until the last minute, classless on LSU's part and can't have Les to happy about it. Complete lack of support by the school administration and boosters....... If I was USC I would still come knocking.

Alan":23fjtyne said:
LSU sure let Les twirl in the wind until the last minute, classless on LSU's part and can't have Les to happy about it. Complete lack of support by the school administration and boosters....... If I was USC I would still come knocking.

Umm NO Alan!!! If Les went to USC, the Irish might not ever beat USC again!

bball":192z82ih said:
Alan":192z82ih said:

:lol: :lol: believe me I don't want the Ducks to have to face a Les Miles ran USC either. Tough loss by the Irish yesterday. I'm not a Stanford fan but what a great game.

Alan":12sutow8 said:
bball":12sutow8 said:
Alan":12sutow8 said:

:lol: :lol: believe me I don't want the Ducks to have to face a Les Miles ran USC either. Tough loss by the Irish yesterday. I'm not a Stanford fan but what a great game.

It was a heck of a good game..finishing10-2 after the season of injuries they had is solid..just have to keep it in perspective. Stanford is a tough out at home.

Alan":15mz2jc3 said:
Dam straight. Appeared the team and the crowd was 100% in favor of keeping him.