Lottery/Farming

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I know you all wonder what does Lottery have to do with Farming and in theory NOTHING AT ALL... Today I have been sitting at home with the misses sky and we noticed the lottery has grown to 344 million for tomorrows jackpot. She asked me would I give up my business and farming if we won.. Yes, We are playing :lol: I said I wouldn't give it up and would continue to do just as I am now the only difference is we would own about 20,000 or more acres. I wouldn't even buy a new tractor or truck I would just invest a great chunk of it into land all around this area and near where I grew up. She tells me she wouldnt do anything any different I said come on you gotta find something you want to do.. She tells me she would like a stream that goes through a cabin like one she saw on tv I thought that would be pretty nice to have and by golly if we win she will have it :lol: What would some of you do with the $$$$ are any of you gonna play? If you all win feel free to give me some of your winnings I can give you my acct # and routing # :D

https://valottery.com/

In myyounger days I would have I'ld spend 99% on wine women and song and probably just waste the rest. Now I would probably donate most of it to a couple of charities I believe in and waste the rest. Or maybe become a snowbird and go to south america in the winter

dun... I would definately donate to places like ronald mcdonald house st judes and hunters for the hungry here in my state. Cancer research etc

Winning the loteery would be kind of like back when I was working. We were very comfortable with what we had. When they would give me a rise I would tell them I don;t need more money, just give me more vacation time. Never worked

I'm not going to sit here and lie. I would have a big time. Of course I would definitely give a chunk of it to my favorite charities but me and the family would have fun. Would like to have a big spread, run good cattle and employ about 30 good men and women. Pay them great wages, great benefits and put them on a profit sharing plan. More we make, the more they make.

Well since I don't play it's kind of a mute point but I wouldn't do much different other than donating some I'd pay off every possible thing I owe and that's plenty. Then I'd start buying land, wouldn't matter if it was double priced, I'd try to get every cent gone so I wouldn't have and new relatives. Wouldn't even matter if some of the land was out of state. Would only farm what I'm farming now anyway.

I'm not going to sit here and lie. I would have a big time. Of course I would definitely give a chunk of it to my favorite charities but me and the family would have fun. Would like to have a big spread, run good cattle and employ about 30 good men and women. Pay them great wages, great benefits and put them on a profit sharing plan. More we make, the more they make.

Thats a great plan too and it would be nice if more people did stuff like that.

jedstivers":1xlh9opb said:
Well since I don't play it's kind of a mute point but I wouldn't do much different other than donating some I'd pay off every possible thing I owe and that's plenty. Then I'd start buying land, wouldn't matter if it was double priced, I'd try to get every cent gone so I wouldn't have and new relatives. Wouldn't even matter if some of the land was out of state. Would only farm what I'm farming now anyway.

I agree jed but I probably would set the kids up a nice account for when they are 30. Do you know how many long lost cousins.. uncles... best friends etc you would have :lol:

I doubt I would change anything. I also would not purchase more land. I can't take care of what little that I have now. I would have a lot of rock spread. I hate mud. It depresses me.

skyhightree1":1mxwefxk said:

Thats a great plan too and it would be nice if more people did stuff like that.

jedstivers":1mxwefxk said:

I agree jed but I probably would set the kids up a nice account for when they are 30. Do you know how many long lost cousins.. uncles... best friends etc you would have :lol:
Enough land and they don't need an acct. set up. Just have to have it where they can't get it till a certain age.
Kids are another reason to not have lots of readily available cash. They to work their way up.

Bigfoot":3s16h8yk said:
I doubt I would change anything. I also would not purchase more land. I can't take care of what little that I have now. I would have a lot of rock spread. I hate mud. It depresses me.
I wouldn't work any extra. Would just like to own it. Someone will rent it.

Jed you are very right about working their way up and the cash excellent point. I agree with not working any extra and there is always someone willing to rent land. I always wanted to have a big area where i could flood it and have mud bogs at, thats big business here and my wife said the dr's she works for are always talking about wanting to come out and ride/ drive/ operate heavy equipment and farm machinery. I should buy equipment just for that and charge all the rich dr's lawyers etc alot of $ to come out and play with the equip and get dirty for once in their lives lol If we won the lottery that is. :D

skyhightree1":3g1u8fsh said:
Do you know how many long lost cousins.. uncles... best friends etc you would have :lol:
Kind of like the movie "The Jerk" except with him it was charities not relatives

Bigfoot":3rpecg6l said:
Me too, bigfoot. I used the tractor and loader to spead some today.

inyati13":2u8ktpii said:
Bigfoot":2u8ktpii said:
Me too, bigfoot. I used the tractor and loader to spead some today.

I would concrete all my feeding areas as well, with gravel all around that. I'd get a manure spreader to handle the funk, and a bobcat.

I'd buy Oakland California and raise it to the ground. Chisel plow, harrow and create permanent pasture on it.

I'm a bit of a dreamer myself. This year our lottery has gotten up in the hundreds millions a few times. I always thought I would buy out my dad and take over our farm. Probably buy all new JD equipment and a new cummins 3500 or two. Probably buy 100 stockers and raise them up for 6 months or so then sell them off and do it again. Of course, I would quit my job (so would my wife). Probably pay all my parents and inlaws debt just to be nice. Also put 100k in a savings account for my son's education. Be nice to get up every morning with millions in the bank and do what you love everyday and not work for "the man". Oh to dream! :)

Latest posts